Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm assuming that an iTouch is basically a non networked iPhone without calling services and anything to do with the AT&T carrier, so what does that mean for my availability of apps?

Also, does anyone have a link to a site that tells me what I can DO with a jailbroken iTouch? I just recently bought a 1st gen that was already jailbroken so I'd like to know what to do with it and how I can use it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
569 Posts
They both can hold up to 9 pages of apps as i was told only 9 pages & thats it,am up to 7 1/2 so we will see if that is correct.

ATM am going through my batteries quicker than ever with all these apps...need charger at all times.

::Edit:: What is it jail broken to? 2.1? if it is 2.1 then you will have fun & if its 1.x.x then you need to jail break again to 2.1 in order to use new apps.no more apps is being made for firmware 1.x.x. anymore.

www.ipodtouchfans.com is the best site out here for the itouch.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Unless the apps specifically require features that don't apply to the iPod touch, then every app is compatible.

·
Banned
8,950 Posts
Every app is compatible with both iPhone and iPod Touch unless specifically stated.

On the App Store, it will claim whether it is avaliable to both or just one.

I have an iPhone, and I had an iPod Touch, and every App was compatible except for a few which claimed to be iPhone only.

I would say over 90% of the Apps on the App Store are compatible for both.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Its iPod Touch by the way
No such thing as iTouch

And all apps are iPhone/iPod compatible unless specified iPhone only.

Jailbroken you can have lots of stuff, 9 pages of stuff.

·
Registered
569 Posts
For installing apps manualy you would need this http://winscp.net/eng/index.php & for installing games for your emulators you will need this http://www.ghisler.com/ .winscp works also but total commander is for uploading faster so use this for games only & winscp for apps only.

winscp name & password--n= "root" & p= "alpine" (NO QUOTES) & for your ip go to settings hit wifi >choose network>hit the blue arrow for your ip & thats about it to begin with.

Hit me up is you have any questions or need any help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts