1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AMD phenom II x6 3.2GHz
8gb ram
msi geforce gtx460

can this computer run crysis, warhead, wars on maximum video settings?

(with no lag or anything, smooth)

thanks

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Does anyone ever actually play that game anymore?
I remember it was pretty mediocre gameplay wise...

If you have the 1GB card you should be okay.
Depends on resolution and AA/AF, though.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
It depends on the resolution as others have stated. I can max out Crysis and Warhead with 4x AA (highest an ATI card can go), DX10 all very high or Enthusiast, and get 37-40 FPS average with my sig rig. This is at 1440x900 though.

If you have a higher resolution, you might need to lower AA settings, but otherwise it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
Ive never played it
im so damn far behind in technology, I can only begin to test the awesome stuff when its 5-8 years old
sucks being poor

·
Registered
731 Posts
The processor'll have no problem and thats more ram than anything would ever require.
However I don't think the 460 can Crysis on full 1920x1080 with playable framerates. Maybe if you OC it.

Daemon7 welcome to OCN! Please be sure to fill out your "sig rig" using Edit/Add systems.

I suggest getting 4gb of RAM, a four core processor and at least a 470 for FULLHD Crysis with fps greater than 30.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh sorry guys, ya my monitor is 1080p (1920x1080)

maybe i should of got a better video card

hehe oh well we'll see, worst situation ill be only able to run at second highest settings which should still be nice

thanks for the welcome, i'll fix up my profile

·
Registered
731 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daemon7 View Post

hehe oh well we'll see, worst situation ill be only able to run at second highest settings which should still be nice

I think you should still hit at LEAST 20 fps which isn't too bad.
It'll just be the extremely intense alien-killing moments that won't be so smooth.

Worst case, keep it on highest, but lower your AA just a notch.

Happy Gaming!

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
I remember it was pretty mediocre gameplay wise...

If you have the 1GB card you should be okay.
Depends on resolution and AA/AF, though.
Crysis is probably the most fun single-player FPS of the generation. I thought the nano-suit was going to be a silly gimmick but ended up making it one of the more varied games out there.

Haven't tried the online at all, but the single-player campaign is absolute ownage.

·
Registered
71 Posts
System is similar to mine.
I can run it all very high with x2 AA and x8 1680x1050 AF at really decent frame rates, 24-45. one way i find to enjoy the game, and it applies to others. Its to just turn fraps off, and enjoy the game. Crysis has something that it does not feel that choppy when it dips below 30fps. I use very high overclocks when playing crysis specifically 840/2000+ and 3.6 on the cpu.

At 1080p you can probably max it with no AA, using Dx9 very high tweak,

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I get 35 fps with my OC'd 460. stock superclocked got 30fps.

everything Very High, 2xAA, 1440x900.

So I'll so no, it can't.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kora04 View Post
I get 35 fps with my OC'd 460. stock superclocked got 30fps.

everything Very High, 2xAA, 1440x900.

So I'll so no, it can't.
I've seen people on here say they max it out at 1680x1050 at a silky smooth framerate with an i5 and a 5770

I gotta give Crysis another run-through now that I've got a GTX460 and OC'd my E8400

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I am currently on my way through crysis (just been busy) with Real Lifesis mod installed. I know I do not have the same card (s) as you but just to give you a rough idea.

I am running 1280x1024 2AA (could do more if I wanted) and all custom settings (basically everything is maxed out). I don't really dip below 35FPS and I am usually getting around 50-60FPS, sometimes higher.

·
Premium Member
16,904 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daemon7 View Post

do not get a better vid card for crysis only, you'll play that for maybe 30h tops. Also if you don't already have crysis I suggest that you wont even get it. It might be OK but you can spend your money better.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
My PC plays it @ 1080p with a v-high custom config in DX 9 at around 35-40fps no screen tearing. Un modded mostly v-high settings in DX10 its around 35fps with screen tearing and looks worse. Thats with AF applied.

The GTX460 is around the same as the GTX280 in DX9/10 games and the game only uses 2 CPU cores so your PC will be similar to my performance i'd have thought.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts