Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my friend has this power supply
and wants to buy this graphics card

Can this PSU handle a GTX 560ti? His CPU is a PII x4 955.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I'm inclined to say yes, but I don't know much about that particular PSU. However, 600W should be plenty enough for a 560Ti. But to be sure you can always talk to Phaedrus, he seems to be one of the PSU gurus here.

·

13,020 Posts
The amps are very low for the 12v rails. I think it'll work for now, but upgrade the psu asap when funds allow it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That psu is an old design with an anemic 12v line ~34A = 400w (maybe even less), so it could or could not work.
I wouldn't recommend using that combination tbh.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just noticed that that PSU only has 1x 6+2 pin PCI-e connector and the GTX 560Ti uses 2x 6 pin. You could technically use a molex to PCI-e adapter, but that is hardly ideal and I personally wouldn't recommended doing that. I'd say judging by what others are saying about the amps being low and the lack of 2x 6 pin connectors, that PSU won't work.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The +12v capacity makes it a 400-450w at best... Just by looking at it though, it doesn't look great. I'm not 100% sure what the OEM for that particular one is, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstover17
View Post

I have a hx520 from corsair and my 560ti runs just fine.

An LC6600 isn't a HX520.

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
Its actually much worse then most 430 watt rated power supplies.and i'll be absolutely shocked if it can even output half its power without blowing up

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
I'd have to say no, that psu is built on an ancient design, I would upgrade the psu before attempting to run any modern hardware on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He has a GTS 250 at the moment and he doesn't have any problems.On the PSU the sticker says 12V1 15A and 12V2 14A.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts