Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I went and got all the parts to my build I was I was wondering if a 32mm thick rad along with standard 25mm fans can fit inside the corsair 650D comfortably? I dont want the fans squat on/near the VRMs heat sink. Or would it be better to put the fans/rad outside in a shroud?

For referance I plan on using this and these fans with this board.

Thanks again I know I am a pain but I just want to make sure before I go out and spend lot of money just to find out the parts wont fit....

·
Registered
914 Posts
I am guessing you want to mount the rad at the top of the case? I found out that the 400R will not fit a rad and 25mm fans on the top. That being said the Sabertooth X79 has memory VRMs on the top of the board which make it hard to fit much anything above it. Though I imagine you still will have a hard time fitting the rad and fans in the case.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakivic View Post

Before I went and got all the parts to my build I was I was wondering if a 32mm thick rad along with standard 25mm fans can fit inside the corsair 650D comfortably? I dont want the fans squat on/near the VRMs heat sink. Or would it be better to put the fans/rad outside in a shroud?
For referance I plan on using this and these fans with this board.
Thanks again I know I am a pain but I just want to make sure before I go out and spend lot of money just to find out the parts wont fit....
I have a 56 mm thick Black Ice SR-1 in the top of my 650D. It clears the top of my Sabertooth by at least 5 mm.
You should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.