Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering because i'm having a hard time finding a place for a 240 rad anywhere on the case (keep in mind that i don't have it yet, so i'm looking at the pictures)

is there any confirmation about this? do i have to mod anything?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I think you can but it would have to go along the bottom with original fans removed as it would bash the GPU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juano;13737741
213588d1307118269-silverstone-raven-rv03-user-review-lessons-008wl.jpg
I just found this pic and thats a 580 which is about the same as the 6950s length and you can see that there is a good amount of room for the h100 under there, but then the h100 will be obstructing the fresh air to the 6950 which its not a good situation.

Maybe you could fit the h100 in the front? - if its vented it would be a much better option.

My advice would be to either fit a noctua d14, as that has is optimized for air coolers, or get a rasa kit and mount the rad outside.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh;15252086
I think you can but it would have to go along the bottom with original fans removed as it would bash the GPU. By advice would be to either fit a noctua d14, as that has is optimized for air coolers, or get a rasa kit and mount the rad outside.
i might just have to settle for an H80 :/

·
Registered
422 Posts
The H100 does not fit in the front drive bays at all, even without optical drives. The tubing is also too short to mount it outside the case. The only option you have with the H100 is to remove the AP181s and mount it at the bottom. I would know, I bought the H100 and then after hours of trying to fit it I ziptied it to the AP181S because it was the only way. I was seriously annoyed with this. Here are some pictures:

2600k, idle package 34C, 5Ghz (LLC 75% offset+0.100) prime95 max 77C. (yes i know llc is bad, but all the asus rog guides say to use it with their boards, so just testing it).

Im thinking of buying 2 extra fans for the front drive bay and see what kind of difference they make, due to the main intake air going through a radiator first.

I may also take out the AP181s and just make the H100 exhaust out the bottom, and test with the drive bay intakes. If anyone is good with airflow etc can suggest how to improve this, please tell because this is kind of a waste of money for the current performance.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I would recommend the H80 or the NH-D14!
If I had to choose, I would choose the NH-D14.

Edit:
Here is how the NH-D14 looks in the Raven 3 case

IMG_4244.JPG

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4257.JPG

Note: These pictures are not mine and originally belong to andygoyap!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvnz View Post

The H100 does not fit in the front drive bays at all, even without optical drives. The tubing is also too short to mount it outside the case. The only option you have with the H100 is to remove the AP181s and mount it at the bottom. I would know, I bought the H100 and then after hours of trying to fit it I ziptied it to the AP181S because it was the only way. I was seriously annoyed with this. Here are some pictures:

2600k, idle package 34C, 5Ghz (LLC 75% offset+0.100) prime95 max 77C. (yes i know llc is bad, but all the asus rog guides say to use it with their boards, so just testing it).

Im thinking of buying 2 extra fans for the front drive bay and see what kind of difference they make, due to the main intake air going through a radiator first.

I may also take out the AP181s and just make the H100 exhaust out the bottom, and test with the drive bay intakes. If anyone is good with airflow etc can suggest how to improve this, please tell because this is kind of a waste of money for the current performance.
have you tried it without the push/pull configuration and see what kind of temps you get? Also, that would free up a little more "breathing" room for the GPU's. I am currently trying to pick a case for my build, and I wondered about this particular case as well. Its between this one and a CM 690 Advanced, because I really want to mount the H100 on the bottom and have it draw in cold air (as I keep my home AC real cold). Do you think removing 2 of the fans would help with temps all around?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvnz View Post

Impossible huh...

PRE_2011-11-29-131002.jpg

I installed the H100 a week ago and have posted this pic in 2 threads, one being the H100 compatibility thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h100-case-compatibility-thread/100#post_15815300
The only potential problem is you cannot install any drives into the bay. I did not have to mod anything to install it either, I am using one of the plastic fan brackets on the bottom to secure the radiator in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thought I would add that I've just bought the H100 for my R3 and managed to get it in the drive bay area in a push pull setup.
All 4 shrouds are on the fans but was unable to screw to the side plates. I ended up screwing the H100 to the front filters and works a charm.
Fits snugly and I'm so happy the temps across the system have dropped.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I chose to have an exhaust setup as I found the case cool enough with the 2 perpetrators, even with my overclocked 570. Having the fans right on the filters reduces the recirculation of the same air and ensures all the heat is blown out of the case.

I just need to start cable management to finish off.

·
Registered
289 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBolts619 View Post

Wow, holy thread resurrections.

Not to totally bash the H100i, but Anusha, you might want to consider the Swiftech H220. I can't say for sure on a RV03, but it fits very well in a push/pull configuration on a RV02...

http://s9.photobucket.com/user/ERLoft/media/Blue Raven/DSC09468_zpsdbb4de77.jpg.html
Well, the Swiftech isn't on sale in Japan yet. Besides, I have to install the rad in the front drive bays. There seems to be just enough room to fit the H100i but I cannot mount it. Just put it there. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11642-raven-rv03-build/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just thought I would share my experience with mounting the H100i (same size as H100) in the Raven 3. After reading a bunch of different post about people having no problem mounting their H100 in the case without any mods I decided to build a new rig. Got everything hooked up and then noticed there is no possible way to mount the rad in push/pull while using the fan brackets from the case to secure it to the case without the use of zip ties. I kept wondering how other people managed to do this without any mods and I see pictures where people use both fan brackets on one side of the rad without any problems. I realized that it was impossible to do this without using zip ties or doing some sort of mod.

I didn't want to use zip ties so came up with another easy solution that anyone can do and will make the system look cleaner. It's a little hard to tell from the picture but all I did was cut off a small section of the 2 brackets. Instead of using zip ties to secure the rad/fans to the case I screwed it in from the side into the 2 holes already built into the brackets. My setup is in push/pull as an intake and it's mounted as close as you can get to the front filters. You only need to use the brackets for the front 2 fans so you can screw it onto the case. The 2 rear fans can be mounted without the brackets as normal.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
You can easily fit a H100 and H100i , i fit a GTX240 rad with compression fittings in mine!
20120927_184055.jpg

20120927_184050.jpg

20120927_184126.jpg

20120928_194450.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
thread resurrection!

just wondered if possible to fit a H110 in this case? possible just laying it on the 180mm fans in 'push' pull?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenatR View Post

thread resurrection!

just wondered if possible to fit a H110 in this case? possible just laying it on the 180mm fans in 'push' pull?
should be possible. i think you can replace the 180mm fans as well. but i don't like the fact that hot air is blowing towards the internal components.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts