Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the Deneb once it comes out in a new rig that I'm going to be making. Like what is the pricing going to be for the cpu and the motherboard and all that? What is it compared to the Nehalems?

Please help me out here.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I think I may have the wrong cpu in mind, what's the AMD cpu that supposodly can be at like 5GHz with like 1.2V?

Edit or did I just hear bull****?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by caraboose
View Post

Hmm I think I may have the wrong cpu in mind, what's the AMD cpu that supposodly can be at like 5GHz with like 1.2V?

There isn't one

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must have heard bull****...

Will the Deneb be considerably competitive with the Nehalem coming out from Intel?
I looked at the thread and I couldn't find anything about it being compared to Nehalem.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Will the Deneb be considerably competitive with the Nehalem coming out from Intel?
I looked at the thread and I couldn't find anything about it being compared to Nehalem.

How could we possibly know?

There isn't all that much about Nehalem, stuff is just starting to trickle in.

And Deneb? There has been almost no info leaked. AMD has made no promises.

It is being released to compete with Nehalem.
ATI surprised us.
Maybe AMD will as well.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
apparently it does 4ghz on air.

we will have to wait and see

·
Registered
305 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Deneb isn't supposed to be core i7's counterpart. The 6 core Istanbul is. Supposedly Istanbul will be able to have two dies on one chip, similar to intel's core 2 quads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts