Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but not both running concurrently. that way, when you want to swap cards, you can just choose which drivers to launch on startup. will they cooperate?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afokke View Post

but not both running concurrently. that way, when you want to swap cards, you can just choose which drivers to launch on startup. will they cooperate?
From my experience, yes, it's possible. Avoid installing AMD drivers when you have Nvidia graphics card installed; install AMD drivers with AMD graphics card installed, and do the same for your Nvidia graphics card.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21cage12 View Post

From my experience, yes, it's possible. Avoid installing AMD drivers when you have Nvidia graphics card installed; install AMD drivers with AMD graphics card installed, and do the same for your Nvidia graphics card.
so I could do something like:
  • connect an AMD card, install AMD drivers
  • restart computer with NVIDIA card installed, don't start the AMD drivers on login
  • and install the NVIDIA drivers

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afokke View Post

so I could do something like:
  • connect an AMD card, install AMD drivers
  • restart computer with NVIDIA card installed, don't start the AMD drivers on login
  • and install the NVIDIA drivers
Install AMD card, then install its drivers, restart pc, then shut down pc, remove AMD gpu. Install Nvidia gpu, boot into windows, install Nvidia drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts