Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys....

my friend has opened an agency for media services ... so he asked me to translate his office name from Arabic into English, and besides media services... his office is entitled of producing movies... songs... and video-clips... so I am now asking about this part... what kind of production can you name this in English ??

so if I want to start it with " the ****** for media services and ------ production.

note: "-----" stands for movies, and songs and etc....

so what should I say ??? art production ???

I am confused.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post
That would maybe work. Entertainment production? I don't think there is a 'proper' phrase for it.
but I wonder if "entertainment" can stand for documentaries as well? since my friend may produce documentary movies rather than cinematic movies.

so what ?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
But let's say that we were to go looking in the phone book for such services: what would it be listed under? I mean, if one of us needed to find a business who does all of these things, then how would we find it? What would we look for?

I mean, there may not be a proper phrase for it, but there's gotta be a way this can be categorized so that potential customers don't get the wrong first impression.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post
Well how does your friend feel about that phrase?
he doesn't know much in English, he barely knows how to write his name, his foreign language is French, and since I am known of being good at English, he asked me, he didn't know that I am going to let him down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts