Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to sell my Silverstone TJ10 case and found some very small dents on it. so I was wondering if there is a way to repair those small dents(they are smaller than 1mm^2, probably 0.5mm^2)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
maybe if it was on the side panels you could lay it down on some cardboard and lightly hit it with a hammer? thats what they do with small dints in cars. so dont see why it wouldnt work with computer cases

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kal777
View Post

maybe if it was on the side panels you could lay it down on some cardboard and lightly hit it with a hammer? thats what they do with small dints in cars. so dont see why it wouldnt work with computer cases

The dents are very very small and light but visible, not real dents like on cars lol

and wouldn't hammering it ruin the brushed aluminum surface even more?

I was thinking about some kind of special paint or clear coat that blend in with the case's color and cover the light dent/scratch and make them less visible.

·
Iconoclast
30,802 Posts
The only way you will repair small indentations like that is to sand them until they blend in smoothly with the surrounding area.

A thick layer of paint would cover them up. Clear coat might work too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morizuno
View Post

hammer it from the inside so it won't ruin the outer paint job?

Not the kind of dent he's talking about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You could try an old auto body trick. We use to fix hail damage doing this. Use a heat gun, or place the panel in the sun for a couple of hours, till it gets really warm. After it gets nice and toasty, lay a paper towel on the offending dent and place a piece of dry ice on it. The sudden chilling would shrink the dent out of the panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts