Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm planning to change my current cpu to a faster one but i don't know what type..my mobo is a gigabyte am2+ GA-m61PME-S2P, im want to change the processor of my current to a faster one.. this is the only option i have..

·
Peace!!!
3,288 Posts
whats your current config and whats your budget buddy ????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P Mobo
AMD Athlon(tm) 7750 dual core processor 2.7 ghz
4 gig ram
250 gig hdd
600 psu
NVIDIA GeForce9500 gt, approx total memory 2417mb 32 bit 60Hz

·
Peace!!!
3,288 Posts
and budget ??? i would really say even if you upgrade dont think of overclocking it and no 125w TDP CPU on that 3+1 Phase motherboard i would say a 960T would do great if it fits your budget
redface.gif

·
Registered
577 Posts

·
Peace!!!
3,288 Posts
no buddy AM3 socket fits Am2
Quote:
WIKI

Socket AM3 processors are able to run on Socket AM2 and AM2+ motherboards with appropriate bios updates, but not vice-versa. AM3 processors have a new memory controller supporting both DDR2 and DDR3 SDRAM, allowing backwards compatibility with AM2 and AM2+ motherboards. Since AM2 and AM2+ processors lack the new memory controller, they will not work on AM3 motherboards.
beside the cpu support list has it check it out
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3009

just a thing you got to update your BIOS to F7B version
wink.gif

Hope you got it and ya if you have a MicroCenter near by then go for the bundle ShotgunBFFL suggested
thumb.gif

·
Registered
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post

no buddy AM3 socket fits Am2
Quote:
WIKI
Socket AM3 processors are able to run on Socket AM2 and AM2+ motherboards with appropriate bios updates, but not vice-versa. AM3 processors have a new memory controller supporting both DDR2 and DDR3 SDRAM, allowing backwards compatibility with AM2 and AM2+ motherboards. Since AM2 and AM2+ processors lack the new memory controller, they will not work on AM3 motherboards.
beside the cpu support list has it check it out
http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=3009
just a thing you got to update your BIOS to F7B version
wink.gif

Hope you got it and ya if you have a MicroCenter near by then go for the bundle ShotgunBFFL suggested
thumb.gif
Gotcha, never worked with amd sorry if i confused the OP lol

·
Peace!!!
3,288 Posts
thats fine
thumb.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts