Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,062 Posts
the liquid that comes out is just compressed air. i have sprayed it on my computer multiple times with no ileffect. it is completely harmless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Just don't spray it in your mouth, nor lick your fingers after touch the tip of the little nozzle you put on it.

I licked my finger one time on accident because I forgot to wash, and it was so bitter my tongue felt numb.
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,228 Posts
I have used compressed air for a while and there has been no problems here either. Just as long as you do not tilt the can at a certain angle, your fine.

Off topic: I like to tip it upside-down and use the super cool air to cool things. It also makes awesome rocket fuel (when used in a sharper rocket)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Lord Xeb
View Post

I have used compressed air for a while and there has been no problems here either. Just as long as you do not tilt the can at a certain angle, your fine.

Off topic: I like to tip it upside-down and use the super cool air to cool things. It also makes awesome rocket fuel (when used in a sharper rocket)


Its cool shooting it into a full bottle of water and freezing it solid
Though I don't trust it enough to dare drink the water...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,653 Posts
Also, use short bursts of air rather than long ones, and don't let your fans spin when blowing air. You'll actually get the fins clean better than allowing them to spin freely, and from what I've read/heard put les stress on the bearings of any fans.

Quote:


Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

Another thing you may wanna look at is getting a small compressor (like one for airbrushing) and a small tank. This will allow you to clean your computers for a long time.

You can get these for $100. If you add up all the price of the cans of spray you are gonna use its a no brainer. Plus you can allways sell it if you dont need it or use it for other projects or hobbies.

That's what I'm saving up for! As picky as I am about keeping my system clean, and having a damn annoying cat, I'm gonna go broke buying canned air!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,891 Posts
Another thing you may wanna look at is getting a small compressor (like one for airbrushing) and a small tank. This will allow you to clean your computers for a long time.

You can get these for $100. If you add up all the price of the cans of spray you are gonna use its a no brainer. Plus you can allways sell it if you dont need it or use it for other projects or hobbies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
I bought a Coleman Quickpump from Walmart. It's actually used to inflate air mattresses but you'd be surprised at how much pressure this thing pumps out with the right nozzle and it was ony $20. Noisy as hell, but it works great.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,839 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cs_maan View Post
Just don't spray it in your mouth, nor lick your fingers after touch the tip of the little nozzle you put on it.

I licked my finger one time on accident because I forgot to wash, and it was so bitter my tongue felt numb.
Oh god I can so relate to this. I touched a heatsink I was freezing (to get lower temps lol), and one hour later I casually lick my finger and it tastes like :swearing:

They put some horrible-tasting poo in there so that addicts don't use it to get high
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Oh god I can so relate to this. I touched a heatsink I was freezing (to get lower temps lol), and one hour later I casually lick my finger and it tastes like :swearing:

They put some horrible-tasting poo in there so that addicts don't use it to get high

Yeah they call that :swearing: "Bittergen", but I don't blame them, kids do stupid things with that and end up killing themselves because of it.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top