Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Here is my dilemma. My ASUS motherboard had a setting for extreme performance (ASUS Optimized). For whatever reason, I did memtest, then CPU test on one of websites, and went into my bios, and switched from ASUS optimized to normal, and back to optimized. Now, when my Windows 7 goes into a standby, when I try to bring it out, I get fans working, but black screen, after a minute I get 3 beeps. If I go back to bios and switch to normal mode, standby works fine. So it is definitely related. Can someone help me resolve this please.

What I did already: Memtest and checked that memory sits properly on the board.

Thank you.

About my system: Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX; Processor: Intel i5 2500k; RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800); Video Card: AMD 6870 HD (Sapphire Flex 100314FLEX Radeon HD 6870); Power Supply: OCZ ZS Series 650W 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply; Multi-card reader: Nippon Labs Delux 3.5" Internal All In One Card Reader/Writer with USB2.0 & eSATA Ports Model ICR-BB. Optical 1: LG GH22NS90; Optical 2: ASUS BW-12B1ST; Fans: 3x80mm, CPU Cooling: XIGMATEK LOKI SD963. So there are total of 6 fans.

BIOS is original from when I bought it in Mid December 2011.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i suggest not using the automatic overclocking.
first update the bios to the latest available.
then reset all settings to default.
set base clock to 100 mhz manual
after that keep increasing multiplier by x1 at a time and doing short test
keep doing it till it crashes.
after that you need to increase voltage.
i dont know much about voltage
never had unlocked cpu to play with yet. so others will tell you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks a lot. That actually did the trick. The most I could squeeze out while having my Windows get out from standby was 104 MHz, which gives me CPU speed between 1664.9 MHz and 3850.1 MHz. Considering I am not doing anything intense at the moment, but want some boost for faster performance this is really good. On 105 MHz standby is not working as it should. I am attaching a screenshot of my current setup.

However, I have a new problem. When I turn on PC, even before it gets to any screen, it turns off, to only turn back on a couple of seconds later, and then it business as usual. Any idea why?

https://goo.gl/dswFi6

·
Registered
412 Posts
you do not use the bclk to overclock. everything in your system relies on it. keep it at 100
you use the cpu multipliers to overclock.
or bclk straps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks. I suppose I need to do my homework. Overlooking is not my field of experience. I will lower base clock down to 100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts