Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have the MOBO listed in my specs below and i cannot get into the bios. I've tried Delete F2 F10 and F1. I've fiddled with my startup with msconfig but i can't see how that would affect it. Very puzzling to me, i'm not a computer savy guy but I can remember getting to my bios b4.

·
Here longer than mods lol
3,801 Posts
Been reading around other forums and they all say that its the delete key to get into the bios, although I did read of a person who had to reset his comp about 10 times pressing the delete key before he got into his

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
As soon as you hit the power on, start tapping the "Del" key.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks a lot for the info.
I did get in the bios by holding the delete key down while it booted. Now I can't get it to go to Bios flashing utility It says to hold the Alt and F2 keys down, but I think it's my keyboard. It is a logitech Access and has a function key button that changes there function to other things sush as email ,my documents etc... Not sure how to bypass this mode even when I disable it it comes on...Real pain...

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
I have had issues like this in the past. I got a used PS2 KB (US$5.00) and that solved the problem. Whenever I flash I use it.

As for the Asus Bios flashing options go, hold the ALT key and tap the F2 key to access the Asus EZ-Flash after the POST.

P.S. The issue w/ entering the BIOS w/ my Logitech KB is intermitent... so it might not be what is causing your BIOS entry problem.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gofra View Post
Hey guys thanks a lot for the info.
I did get in the bios by holding the delete key down while it booted. Now I can't get it to go to Bios flashing utility It says to hold the Alt and F2 keys down, but I think it's my keyboard. It is a logitech Access and has a function key button that changes there function to other things sush as email ,my documents etc... Not sure how to bypass this mode even when I disable it it comes on...Real pain...

There should be an F-KEY LOCK on your keyboard, to luck those functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys! I am new here and i really hope you can help me...

Well, as the topic title says, I cannot get into bios! I know how to enter them, but i really cant do it. A friend of mine asked me for help. I am reinstalling his Windows and stuff, but on his computer I just cant get into bios. I restarted the computer for like 20 times and was tapping the del like hell, but cant get into it. The reason why i need to get in it is because i need to set the boot settings. Or is there any other way to format whole disk and reinstall windows if they do not boot from dvd when i turn the pc? I made the multibootable DVD and it works completely fine on other computers so the problem is not in it. Please answer as soon as possible. I promised him that i will finish that till today.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
You would of likely got a quick answer if you started your own post

Hi and WELCOME to OCN

1 - 11 of 11 Posts