Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For love of God, I cannot make the pins pop out. I am using the tool from frozen cpu. What am I doing wrong? PSU is corsair CX500M. Pics below.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Push the pins from the top with your tool, and in the same time pull the cord under.

Make sure you put the tools at the right side of the pin..
here's the right side...

this the wrong side, if you put the tools here, it wouldn't push the clip inside the pin.

Hope it will help.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I got the tool right where you showed. And I am pushing down on it while I am pulling. The pin moves, but will not come out - seems the tool is not depressing the clips.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Push the wire in while depressing ATX pin, then pull wire outwards.
smile.gif

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdesmo View Post

Push the wire in while depressing ATX pin, then pull wire outwards.
smile.gif
Did that as well - no go. It appears as if the clips are not being depressed. Wondering if I should file the tool to make it a bit thinner.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried on an Antec Basiq and the pins pop out nice and easy. Tried on two Corsair and they will not budge. Anything different with the corsairs? I noticed they have a bit more room on the sides than the Antec 24pin.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is driving me nuts! I am thinking about cutting the connector and just get a new one. I am thinking sleeving the wires already voids my warranty. Right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaz View Post

This is driving me nuts! I am thinking about cutting the connector and just get a new one. I am thinking sleeving the wires already voids my warranty. Right?
Try to use paper clip first, before you cut the connector.
I always use paper clip for sleeving job, sometimes simple tools more use full.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I found my Corsair AX860 a pain in you know what to remove the pins out of the PSU ends I tried my Lamptron removal tool could budge them
Tried the paper clip eventually I then unscrewed the two pin tool from my Lamptron and screwed in the single pin tool that's in the kit slide this down both sides of the of the corsair PSU plug this seemed to bend the molex keepers in and then screwed in my lamptron twin pin removal tool and they came out easy.
I might grind the sides a little off the single pin tool as it tries to stretch the Corsair plug a little when you slide it in but it does push the keepers on the pin in enough so the right tool can then be used
http://www.lamptron.com/product/modding/modding-tool-kit/ you can see the two pin removal tools in this link:) hope it helps some one

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I used a large paperclip that I hammered flat and then filed.

Try bending the tool tip slightly toward the ATX pin. Don't rule out using silicone lube.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As I said it worked fine not a problem Im going to try my molex single pin removal tool at the weekend its slightly thinner than the Lamptron
as I dont like the idea of expanding(distorting ) the plug(socket) to much when sliding the single pin removal tool into the side of the plug. What the problem is the retaining part of the pins in the corsair PSU seem to be flared out more and when you push a normal pin removal tool into you socket the removal tool tend to spread as there thinner and cant move the retaining part of the corsair pin in far enough to (release)remove the pin from the socket so as the single pin removal tool is slightly thicker I slide this down each side and gave it a flex to push the pin retainer on each side of the pin closer to the pin it self :)and then use your pin removal tool as per normal it works every time for me any way
smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts