Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a CPU-Z on my config. http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1070313

I'm wondering two things:

1) Why does it say the RAM is being run at 801Mhz?

2) Why does it say the RAM is being run at PC3 10700 when it should be at PC3 12800?

The RAM I have is Corsair DDR3 PC3 12800 @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-258-_-Product

EDIT: I have the RAM set to XMP profile in BIOS and it says everything right there but not in CPU-Z. I also took down the voltage to 1.64 from 1.66 since it was red flagged in BIOS.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Double Data Rate, if it says 800 in cpu-z it is running at 1600Mhz
Intel only officially supports 10700 so that is what is reported whether you have faster modules or not.
Watch out for XMP, your QPI is probably running much higher voltage than it needs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtW 420
View Post

Double Data Rate, if it says 800 in cpu-z it is running at 1600Mhz
Intel only officially supports 10700 so that is what is reported whether you have faster modules or not.
Watch out for XMP, your QPI is probably running much higher voltage than it needs.

Uhh I'll check QPI and report back lol.

EDIT: Well it was at 1.35 and was in pink so I brought it down to 1.25 and it turned the normal blue color. Not sure what to keep it as since I didnt OC the CPU at all.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
1.35 is what intel states is the max, up to that is fine, if 1.25 is stable even better (QPI can be run higher, but it HAS to be within .5V of the DRAM voltage).
Some memory XMP will turn change the QPI to 1.5 - 1.6 Volts, much more than necessary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by FtW 420
View Post

1.35 is what intel states is the max, up to that is fine, if 1.25 is stable even better (QPI can be run higher, but it HAS to be within .5V of the DRAM voltage).
Some memory XMP will turn change the QPI to 1.5 - 1.6 Volts, much more than necessary.

Oh. Well my DRAM voltage is at 1.64 and QPI 1.25 but I havent run any memtest/etc but so far its going well. Should I run some kind of test to see if its ok?

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Never hurts to check stability, I usually use HCI Memtest in windows. OCCT or LinX (with all mem) for 1/2 hour or so are good for a quick check, Prime 95 blend works but can take longer to find errors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts