Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

recently I encountered a weird problem. I have SLI Titan X Maxwell machine (Win 10pro 64b) and wanted to updated drivers to play SW:Battlefront 2 (need 387.92+). But whenever I try to install any of the newer 3 drivers (387.92, 388.00, 388.13) the system either goes dark, or if it finishes (and says that everything is installed) upon restart it doesnt register the cards properly. I.e.:
  • My Acer Predator X34 gets registered as Generic non-PnP monitor, referesh rate drops to 64hz from 100hz and g-sync is off
  • I cant launch nvidia control panel; MSI AB, GPU-Z, nvidia inspector and others do not register the cards properly only thing that works is geforce experience that tells me to again install the drivers
  • See screenshots bellow for more details
I thought that the issue was with some residual drivers, but same happens even after a DDU wipe. Whats interesting is that if at any point (after DDU, or even straight over this bad install) I install any of the previous drivers (i.e. 385.69 or earlier) the system works just fine - it says that you need to restart to finish installing the Titan X (this message is not there with the never drivers) and then it works like a charm.

I'm kind of at a loss here. Any ideas? The only thing I have left is either waiting for newer driver division and praying, or reseting/reinstalling the OS I think.

Thanks A LOT!

Best,

M

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
20,779 Posts
Disable SLI with the 385.69 driver installed, then update? Or remove a card and see if it'll update to 388.13, then add back the second card?

Have no idea. Tried doing some Google-Fu and your thread was one of the first ones that popped up.
redface.gif

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post

Disable SLI with the 385.69 driver installed, then update? Or remove a card and see if it'll update to 388.13, then add back the second card?

Have no idea. Tried doing some Google-Fu and your thread was one of the first ones that popped up.
redface.gif
Hey! Thanks for the suggestion - tried the SLI thing and still nothing. I have a full custom loop so taking the card out is pretty much last resort for me :/.

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbird View Post

not sure if you figured it out but there are numerous reports that if you have modded the Bios , that for many, the newer drivers won't load....MUMOD Bios by Laithan, available here on the Forums is one of the exceptions

http://www.overclock.net/t/1544574/gigabyte-gtx-9xx-h2o-air-bios-tweaking/7400#post_26423649
Thanks a lot man! This saved me. It was indeed the BIOS not being friends with new drivers. I can't use the one you sent as its for different card I think - but I went back to slightly modififed stock BIOS and all works well so if anybody is having the problem, this is it
smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts