Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Jeez, the 1D4 sounds like a Gatling gun.
And who cares what the shutter sounds like?

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Yep. It's not a big deal, but didn't notice how off my old XTi's shutter sound was until I got my 50D. It's a minor thing but I much prefer the "clack" of my 50D to the "whine" of my old XTi.

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not, but it's is a very annoying sound, and it makes it sound very cheap, on what is supposed to be a premium camera. (Premium over point and shoots)

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
Yeah, the first time my Dad's Girlfriend's son (Rebel user) took a shot with my 60D, he said he wanted one just because of the shutter sound

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
All the shutters sound bad in comparison to my GF670.

I really need to do a comparison video since it's the quietest leaf shutter I've come upon.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
na not too bad....
listen to the sony a850 or a900.....they sound like a train coming......

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Budget Nikons sound better than the Rebels. I have a XT.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemanppl;11941045
1Ds, and Nikon D[x]s are so epicly epic. They're just so fast and precise. Sounds great.
I have a D2H and I agree. It's like a lightning crack. (D2/D3 is substantially louder than the Dxx and Dxxx and Dxxxx series)

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leptonsoup337;11949116
The Rebel's shutter sound is pretty rough and for that reason I don't take my 5D for granted. When you are working with small, jittery subjects a quiet shutter is important.
And I guess the full frame sensor has nothing to do with it?
tongue.gif

·
d[ o_0 ]b
7,316 Posts
1dmk3 sounds like a machine gun

i like the way my 7d sounds, its pretty cool

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
The shutter sound from my old 5D was orgasmic-al! Believe I ca** every time.

But question, I've heard a lot about eg. 400/450/500D etc.. didn't have "real" shutter, has anyone anything to say about that?

·
Premium Member
6,867 Posts
I guess this is, by definition, splitting hairs. Seems like just another reason for elitists to pump up their camera weiners.

·
Premium Member
7,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sub50hz
View Post

I guess this is, by definition, splitting hairs. Seems like just another reason for elitists to pump up their camera weiners.

No where in this thread did we ever say "___ camera isn't worth getting because its shutter sound is bad".

Besides, if we weren't so picky with image quality, we'd all be using $100 point and shoots.

Seems like an odd thing that you'd poke at performance on OCN...

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Yup, those sound about right (I own an XSi), albeit a bit hollow. But hey, it's a YouTube vid.

Basically, you can't take a picture of an unsuspecting subject, and when they know where the sound came from, you go "What? I didn't hear anything." Doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts