Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I press the delete button on system startup but nothin happens, if i press it a bunch a blackscreen error comes up saying keyboard failure, but then it resumes boot.

·
Banned
313 Posts
try F12 somtimes that allows you to access the BIOS. make sure also you hit it a load of times from as soon as the computer starts up, because at some point pressing del dosent do anything

·
Banned
313 Posts
but you should be able to access the BIOS. the advanced chipset settings with be greyed but you can still check out other settings and sometimes even change ram timings

·
Banned
179 Posts
i couldnt i pressed all of em f1 f2 f12 delete backspace etc it just locks up keyboard for 2 restets idk if the combo noaffinity said would work idk i just would love if i could oc it but i heard dells have there bios locked idk noaffinity is a moderater and intel overclock dude so id love tips

·
Banned
313 Posts
True-Dells cant overclock because they have a lock on the FSB through the mobo, but i have accessed the BIOS of a Dell before, it can be done

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Oc'ing Dells is a long, painful process, I think NoAffinity knows the thing, but heres what I remember...
1. You remove the RAM and boot up the system.
2. Let it POST and do its beep sequence.
3. Turn off the system once the beeping is all done.
4. Re-instal the RAM.
5. Boot up system and you should be in the ADVANCED BIOS settings.

I'm NOT saying that this will work for sure, but I heard it a while back that you can get a few advanced settings by doing this... But since no one on this forum has tried it, We'll never know whether I'm helping some loser spread a crappy rumor, or if I'm doing good for all the Dell users out there.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
OH, and if anyone has a usable Dell mobo and they don't want it, I'd be willing to take it off their hands and attempt a flash to a performance bios, Some one on another forum that I found on google had advice for some guy use some BIOS flashing program and throw in a bios from another board almost the same as the Dell one, except it had overclocking options, unfortunatly there was no more posts from the one that took the advice, Hmmm, I wonder why? lol, maybe he only HAD* one computer, lol.

·
Banned
179 Posts
u are able to acess bios definantly with all dells by pressing f2 or f12 and the only thing that blox it is that there are all the oc things but there in blue and not changable if ur able to hack or something u can oc a dell easily

1 - 14 of 14 Posts