Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up in the middle of the night so decided to check my folding program.
2080ti was running very slow, almost 2 minute TPF so pulled the work unit.

To note, i have reinstalled my GPU driver and folding at home including deleting data file many times.

When i add a GPU slot, it instantly deletes itself.... every time.
I don't know what's going on, thanks guys.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shot myself in the foot.
I ended up doing nothing and it decided to work now.
Sorry i can't delete the thread.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
588 Posts
Shot myself in the foot.
I ended up doing nothing and it decided to work now.
Sorry i can't delete the thread.
That's how life works, if you ask about it then the problem fixes itself.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I was installing the latest client on a new Win 10 install yesterday and had this same issue with a GTX 980. For whatever reason the client was not seeing any GPU's if I looked in the system info tab of FAHControl. I tried several times to add a GPU slot but it would just delete itself. I found that I had to install the client, reboot, start [email protected] again, and then I was able to modify the configuration to add the GPU slot and remove the default CPU slot.

·
Watercooler
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was installing the latest client on a new Win 10 install yesterday and had this same issue with a GTX 980. For whatever reason the client was not seeing any GPU's if I looked in the system info tab of FAHControl. I tried several times to add a GPU slot but it would just delete itself. I found that I had to install the client, reboot, start [email protected] again, and then I was able to modify the configuration to add the GPU slot and remove the default CPU slot.
This is literally what i did about 5 times then i just signed out and in after many restarts and it let me add the GPU slot.
Weird as.
That's how life works, if you ask about it then the problem fixes itself.
You're not wrong lol :')

1 - 5 of 5 Posts