Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I want to squeeze some more performance out of my laptop. It has plenty of thermal headroom with a maximum temperature of 67°C on the GPU while gaming. I prefer to use nvidiaInspector versus any other overclocking software out there, but I couldn't adjust the voltage and power sliders in nvidiaInspector. So, I tried MSI Afterburner and I got the same result (even after "unlocking" those features in MSI Afterburner).

What's the deal? Am I missing something, or are these features disabled through the GPU's BIOS? If so, is there any news on someone modifying the BIOS and unlocking these features for the public to use? Thank you for your time.

PS: I can only adjust core speed, memory speed, and throttle temperature through these overclocking applications.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any idea anyone?

Thanks.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Laptops are proprietary designs so they may not have the same options a discrete card would.

As far as a BIOS mod goes, I haven't seen anything. But then again, I have no interest in it so I haven't actually looked.

From a Google search, this might be of interest to you.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
You can't overvolt and raise the power limit on a laptop.

Use the curve (Ctrl+F) in MSI Afterburner to overclock, I recommend these settings:-
1650MHz @ 0.8V
1800MHz @ 0.9V
1900MHz @ 0.95V

Keep a flat line above 0.95V to prevent the GPU from using over 0.95V and test the temps at 100% GPU utilization, if you are still below 80C maybe you can try 2000MHz @ 1.0V or 1.025V.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts