• LG

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hai mates! I've got one serious doubt.

I've been browsing for alternatives to my main screen, around the €150 mark.

I've so far narrowed down the search to these two panels:

LG IPS236V -> 23", 1920x1080, IPS, LED. €157.
or
Samsung S24A450MW -> 24", 1920x1200, CCFL LCD, TN+Film. €136

I've worked with 1200p panels, and I found it really hard to become used to my 1080p panel again... But on the other hand the color accuracy and image vibrance an IPS panel offers is vastly superior to any TN...

What can I do? What would you guys choose? Color accuracy or increased vertical size?
frown.gif

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post

IPS of course.

TN 60 Hz is no fun.
This. LCD = color accuracy vs fluidity, IMO. If a monitor has none, then...

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

This. LCD = color accuracy vs fluidity, IMO. If a monitor has none, then...
You can't ask a lot out of a €130 monitor I guess...
tongue.gif

The thing is I'm not exactly certain of how good the LG looks. I've seen UltraSharps and JESUS those look terribly good, but the LG... Well, it's an €140 IPS panel, not an €400, so I'm doubtful of how good it can look in comparison to, say, my current high end 60Hz TN (which looks pretty damn good once calibrated considering it's a TN).

As for the sammy... It'll look fine imo, just like my current TN more or less, but it has that added vertical res plus... That's why I cannot decide!

My doubt lies in that I love both 16:10 (to be honest I kind of hate 16:9 after playing a bit with 16:10) AND IPS, but my money can't buy a panel that has both, so I have to choose between them!

Thanks anyways
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll answer my own question.

Sammy wins the round. The LG has, according to a German review site, 30.6ms of response time, which is unacceptable for gaming. The color gamut is better indeed, but does not justify by any means the outrageous response time.

Thanks to the involved
smile.gif

Edit: typo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts