Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
I like the soprano more, but I would reccomend the CM Centurion 5, as it is a very good case. Compact, yet not cramped, and loaded with features.

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Thermaltake Xaser SViking. I like that one better if you want my opinion. I dont like cases that you cant get to your dvd drive easily. Maybe the Xaser has a spot for the drive without opening something. I would like that. I will also mention that I dont use cases at all.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Soprano is decent, I dont like the somewhat flimsy plastic front door tho. Swapping from a crappy proprietary case to the soprano which comes with rear side and front fans my cpu temp went down 5c.

If you want some major air cooling tho might I suggest this.
(I know its a US store, don't know many Canadian stores)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811196021

14cm front fan and 25cm side fan

·
Registered
402 Posts
the Thermaltake Xaser SViking looks likes a good case but i wud order from tigerdirect or newegg they have that case for a cheaper price

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The CM Centurion 5 is nice, but I don't like the fact you can't mount another fan on the side of the case. The Ultra Aluminus Case is also nice and I may actually consider it, but I'd rather try to keep all my products coming from www.canadacomputers.com ($10 flat shipping no matter the weight) the only thing that sucks is I have to pay the full 15% tax since I'm within the province, so PST and GST. I don't like the Aerocool one, not sure why, I just don't.

I'm really leaning towards the Sorprano over everything else though.

http://www.thermaltake.com/xaserCase...no/bws/bws.htm

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by korndog2003

I would Go with a Ultra Aluminus Case it is huge

i have that case and modding it. Its made by all aluminum and looks great but a lil flimsy.

Peroxide if ur building a full system, dont buy it from a canadian website. www.monarchcomputer.com would be the best. The only thing is that u have to pay a lil more shipping cost. Which is better than paying more money to the same system and plus tax.

BUT if ur only buying a case, u dont have much chance. Buy it from there...

Here is the price difference between canada and U.S.

System :
AMD 3700+
DFI LP Expert SLI
Segate 250gb Sata
Evga 7800gt (450mhz)
Ocz 512x2 (2-3-2-5)
Enermax 600W

(Shipping cost included in both)
from newegg u can buy this system for $1040 which is $1200 CAD

from tigerdirect.ca u can buy this system for $1550+tax which is $1780 CAD

Result:
A $580 price difference.