Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*sigh* Im absolutley gutted. I cant get an opteron. No where that sells them will accept my card. The places that DO accept my card only sell the Athlon64. Im not sure i cant afford to get a 3500+, i will if i can but otherwise ill get a 3200+ and spend the rest on some case cooling or something. Ive got £125 to spend.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^^bumpio

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am going to be ordering a 6800LE but im hopefully going to unlock the extra pipes and OC it, possibly change the HS and fan.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do they do the UK?

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester

*sigh* Im absolutley gutted. I cant get an opteron. No where that sells them will accept my card. The places that DO accept my card only sell the Athlon64. Im not sure i cant afford to get a 3500+, i will if i can but otherwise ill get a 3200+ and spend the rest on some case cooling or something. Ive got £125 to spend.

Any suggestions?

I don't understand your post. Opterons cost more than San Diegos now, at least here in the US.

·
Premium Member
20,531 Posts
Also, the san diego athlons give just as good performance, in some cases (depending on the stepping the opteron you get) better.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Robilar

Also, the san diego athlons give just as good performance, in some cases (depending on the stepping the opteron you get) better.

isnt it the other way? dont worry, opterons are great but a bit overhyped.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the athlons perform just as well?
in the UK the prices for the althon were the same as the Opteron. I could get a 146 opteron for the same money as a 3200 san diego.

I'll start looking for a 3500 in my budget.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
yes my SD runs at 3ghz on stock cooling with 1.52v on one of the newer steppings that came out (apparently currently the best)

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant find any 3500's so ive looked for a 3200 - ill simply have to overclock

this is what ive found.

Athlon 3200+ Venice Core

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Jester

so the athlons perform just as well?
in the UK the prices for the althon were the same as the Opteron. I could get a 146 opteron for the same money as a 3200 san diego.

I'll start looking for a 3500 in my budget.

The 3200 and 3500 aren't San Diego cores.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah, i know, only the 3700 and upwards are available in the sandy cores

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i tripped up :/

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
*sigh* my dads gone off on one. He's decided that he'll be able to get me an opteron. He's going to call the bank and networldshop. The bank to see if i've got a credit limit of £100 and networldshop to see why they wont accept my card details. Looks like i might be getting my opty after all

I just cant be bothered with all the hassle - i was willing to get a 3200 instead but they wouldnt accept my details. Cache 22 - im going to have to go through all this hassle to get ANY processor.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn! I ordered the opty 164 today but i got an email back saying this:

Dear valued Customer,

We write to you with regards to the order placed with us for OPTERON BOX 2.0GHz 1Way S939 1MB 64Bit processor. We would like to let you know that the AMD has increased the price therefore we had to increase our price accordingly. And they have not still released the stock in order for us to release the stock from them we need to know how many we should order under this price. At the moment we need 50 pieces from them and they are willing to give only about 25. Please let us know if you want to go ahead with the order with £135.00 + Vat or if you want to cancel it.

Thank you very much for the co-operation

Regards,

I guess ill just have to order the 3200+, the 3500 is too expensive.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
ooooh that sux dude
you have my sympathies

find a place that accepts paypal
and pay with it

you can keep transferring funds from your card ot the account, and build up cash

and get a nice one

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Can't you find an opty 146?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i found a couple opty's but there prices had either already increased or were out of stock (or atleast they say that). Im not 18 so i can have a paypal account and i only have 125 to spend (including shipping) on the processor. It has to be UK too.

I'll buy the 3200 venice core and put the remains to my ram and hdd.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts