Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. Just got my mushkin redline in. Its rated for 2000mhz at 8 8 7 24. I had some problems running at 2000 so I ran at 1600 7 7 7 24 74 fine... Perfectly.

I posted on the muskin forums and was told to run at the rated speeds with voltages for: "VTT- Between 1.4 and 1.55v, some systems can take up to 1.65v" and "DIMM Voltage - 1.60v - 1.65v"

Now I've done each and every combination possible for the two voltages, going through one of the 3 dimm voltage choices and trying every vtt.... Each try either auto restarts me within 20 seconds of starting LinX or it locks me up until I hard reset... 1600mhz 7 7 7 20 passes fine though.

I've already set back down to default settings (everything except the ram related settings) .. any ideas what I could set to get this working?

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Your CPU VTT (should) be around +270-300mv than your vcore, not exceeding 1.3625 volts.

Your QPI Pll should be high or low dependent on your QPI frequency and more. You can run it at 1.4v. Usually 1.275 is enough. However the main thing is to have it withing .3-5 volts of the DIMM voltage.

It could very well be that there are more things at play, for example, is your uncore frequency over 2x the ram speed, is your tRFC setting high 80s (eg 88).

The other question is, is your D0 stable already? It'll be important to isolate the problem from a memory to qpi link between cpu and memory problem.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone
View Post

Your CPU VTT (should) be around +270-300mv than your vcore, not exceeding 1.3625 volts.

Your QPI Pll should be high or low dependent on your QPI frequency and more. You can run it at 1.4v. Usually 1.275 is enough. However the main thing is to have it withing .3-5 volts of the DIMM voltage.

It could very well be that there are more things at play, for example, is your uncore frequency over 2x the ram speed, is your tRFC setting high 80s (eg 88).

The other question is, is your D0 stable already? It'll be important to isolate the problem from a memory to qpi link between cpu and memory problem.

Sorry, was originally posting from my ps3 but its pain ... browser on it sucks.

QPI Freq is 28x (Lowest available) and its 1mhz above the clock of 2x the ram (ram is at 2006 I believe)

tRFC is 88

i7 is stable... my RAM (old ocz) caused MAJOR problems and I ended up having to underclock it to 1250mhz but once I did I passed LinX 50x, primed an entire 24 hours, and had the computer on for a whole 3 days.

I just bumped up the QPI PLL from the stock (1.1) to 1.4, I'll post back after running a few tests again through all the voltages and let you know if it worked.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am near positive that its something to do with my vtt or dimm voltage... I bumped down to 17XXmhz and did a quick 10 passes of LinX without problems.

I've tried every voltage combination TWICE and I'm still clueless as to what to do.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MushkinMike View Post
We've been having some issues with our Redline products and EVGA boards. Please email us at [email protected] and ask for Nick.
Oh wow.. a company posting on a forum other then their own? I think I fell in love with mushkin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have these ram and they run fine at 2000mhz after change to the setting i saw on the forum.
Passed all the mem86 test.

Now my problem is keeping the i7 930 being cool even at 143 bclk freq like they said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts