Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying for 5 hours, EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN, but when I try to connect my Xbox to my PC's Media center so I can stream music over it... My xbox is not showing up in my Network, I've enabled uPnP and even restarted SSP and other services.

Has anyone encountered this problem. ?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just set mine up when I saw this thread and I just selected Media Center from my Xbox 360, it found my PC, then gave me an 8-digit number. I then turned on Windows Media Center from my PC and it automatically found my Xbox 360, and I clicked on it, entered the 8-digit code and wahlah.

Maybe something wrong with your PC firewall or router or something may be blocking it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Or if your like so many other users you have turned off file and printer sharing and or wmpnetwk.exe is disabled. Turn it on under services to automatic.Start up Media Player then select the folders you want to share and turn on the xbox. I am fairly certain thats the steps I had to go thru.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Going along with above, network discovery, file and printer sharing was on for me, while public folder sharing was off. Media streaming was also off, but I never tried to stream anything.

So I would make sure network discovery and file and printer sharing is on also.

Of course that is for Home/Work for Public everything is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts