Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to load drivers of 64bit RAID Drivers during Windows 7 fresh installation. Won't load because their not signed.

32bit drivers loads fine, Windows 7 installs fine, then reboots to continue installation and then the Windows 7 can't boot error "iastoreA.inf" or something.

What can I do? How would I access the RAID Drive from a non-raid computer to copy the 64bit drivers over the system32/drivers folder?

File Scavenger works, but I can only copy files from the drives, but can't write anything to the drives.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Are you downloading the latest Intel RST or AMD drivers... and have ALL of them on the drive you are trying to load the drivers from:

(Intel version)

I am assuming you have the Intel based on the name you mentioned. AMD uses different naming

And you are doing the F6 options, and loading the drivers there.

I know those are probably silly questions... but need to check...

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
If the AMD RAID setup is being finicky you could slip stream the 64-bit SATA/RAID driver into your Windows 7 installation package using free tools such as RT Se7en Lite or similar.

If you don't want to go that route here is the only other solution I've found that works 100% of the time on some AMD builds;

1. Clear CMOS and reload BIOS default values
2. Shut down PC
3. Install a single hard drive and disconnect all other storage devices
(even the 2nd drive that will eventually become part of your RAID array)
4. Boot into BIOS and set SATA controller properties to RAID
5. Reboot and enter the RAID BIOS setup screen (I think it's Ctrl+F on your board)
6. Configure the single drive as RAID Ready
7. Install Windows, during installation Press F6 when prompted and install latest AMD SATA/RAID drivers from a USB stick (of course you'll need to have the drivers already extracted to the USB stick)
8. Install RAID Xpert in Windows
9. Shut down and install second hard drive
10. Reboot, start RAID Xpert and configure the array
11. You can find fairly simple instructions for using RAID Xpert in multiple places online

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's Intel, Using "Alienware Aurora A4"

Raid configured for 2x OCZ Agility 4 128GB

It will only work with the RAID drivers from the DELL website. It won't let me use the 64bit drivers because their not signed. 32bit RAID drivers works and it picks the drives up. I go ahead with a 64bit installation of Windows 7 which is fine, It then does it's first reboot to continue the installation, and it comes up with the Windows Failed to Boot error and says it can't load the "iaStorA.sys" file from system32\drivers

So what I did was used the Startup Repair, into Command Prompt, and used "XCOPY" to copy the x64bit drivers to the windows driver folder which worked!! So Windows booted and continued the second half of the installation. When it rebooted again it failed completely and goes straight to start-up repair everytime

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I integrate the RAID driver into boot.wim or install.wim?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

It's Intel, Using "Alienware Aurora A4"

Raid configured for 2x OCZ Agility 4 128GB

It will only work with the RAID drivers from the DELL website. It won't let me use the 64bit drivers because their not signed. 32bit RAID drivers works and it picks the drives up. I go ahead with a 64bit installation of Windows 7 which is fine, It then does it's first reboot to continue the installation, and it comes up with the Windows Failed to Boot error and says it can't load the "iaStorA.sys" file from system32\drivers

So what I did was used the Startup Repair, into Command Prompt, and used "XCOPY" to copy the x64bit drivers to the windows driver folder which worked!! So Windows booted and continued the second half of the installation. When it rebooted again it failed completely and goes straight to start-up repair everytime
Odd.. normally Dell uses the stock Intel drivers... and doesn't lock that down.

I downloaded the Aurora drivers from dell.. and that is an OLD version (2010) of the Intel drivers.. But the are the same files... I get this when testing on my Dell laptop

have you tried to do the F6 install with the latest drivers?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Ok, gotcha. I was going off the hardware in your sig (AMD) didn't know that you were dealing with Intel.

A couple of options;

1. Download the appropriate Intel RST driver package, extract the SATA/RAID drivers and .inf files and slip stream those into a Windows 7 installation package using the utility I mentioned in my previous post

2. Disable driver signing in Windows 7. That is a pretty convoluted process but there are numerous online tutorials, methods and tools for doing that

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right. I've switched back to AHCI mode and installed Windows 7 64 bit on a storage hardrive.

I now want to make sure everything is RAID ready in this installation, drivers etc etc... I'm then going to switch back to RAID then clone the entire installation over to the RAID 0 array.

Is this possible?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

Right. I've switched back to AHCI mode and installed Windows 7 64 bit on a storage hardrive.

I now want to make sure everything is RAID ready in this installation, drivers etc etc... I'm then going to switch back to RAID then clone the entire installation over to the RAID 0 array.

Is this possible?
Converting an installed AHCI version of windows to RAID is supposed to be possible, although I have never known anyone that has done it successfully

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976

Check this : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/40609-63-adding-raid-installing#9777999. It may be helpful.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
One other thing I thought of last night after going home and looking at my own SSD RAID Arrays.

You could have installed the OS on a single SSD, grabbed all of the necessary drivers, connected the second SSD and then built an Intel Software RAID using the Intel RST utility.

• Rep+
Reactions: Atomfix

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Found a way around it.

As Windows 7 is now installed on the Storage Hardrive I thought about installing Windows 7 whilst I'm using it. Loaded the 64bit drivers perfectly! no hassle!

So it's installed, rebooted a couple of times. Everything back to normal, booting from the SSD Raid array without any problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts