Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased gears of war pc off of windows live and it is in my downloads. When i try to download it it says I do not have enough space. I have 19.4 GB free. I think the problem is I have windows 7 and I need to have xp or vista for it to work. What can I do being I already paid for it?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
how much space does it require?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I just checked canyourunit, and it states that you need 12gb free and that Windows 7 isn't compatible, but it should let you download it:\\

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I made room and I have 25 gigs and now it is dling. I just hope I will be able to play it on win 7. I can just mess with compatibility right?

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pistons50
View Post

I just purchased gears of war pc off of windows live and it is in my downloads. When i try to download it it says I do not have enough space. I have 19.4 GB free. I think the problem is I have windows 7 and I need to have xp or vista for it to work. What can I do being I already paid for it?

Well it should work fine, I have it installed right now and I'm on Windows 7 64Bit. JUST MAKE SURE you install this patch before you load the game or you will have to uninstall and reinstall. I learned the hard way. Its to update the digital signature for the game.

http://gearsofwar.xbox.com/pc/qfe1.htm

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well this clearly doesn't make any sense. When I try to install it it says I do not have enough room. It says I have 8.5 gigs left but as you can see I have 19. I only need 13. I am having so much trouble with this game.

·
Banned
8,014 Posts
Put it on the HDD, having it on the SSD really wont help at all. I put some games on the SSD and they werent affected much, in a positive way.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I put it on hdd worked fine. I had enough space on ssd so I am confused but whatever, I am getting patch now and I hope it works.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I got it working. I searched for public and ranked matches. I can not find one person. I was told some people still played this game.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts