Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so it was driving me nutsz not knowing if these could oc very far and seeing as how my 3800 x2 kind of sucks at ocing i tried one <br />
now this is on phase because i only have the one am2 board at the moment but this thing would not work unless i reset bios to everything stock and then it would boot, even if i tried to change my ram voltage it wouldnt boot or get past the C1 code on my dfi board, i mean there were no voltage or frequency combo that would boot into windows past stock speed<br />
<br />
steppings were ccbyf 0632tpmw, now i dont know if this is because of the memory controller on these new optis or if my dfi board jsut doesnt like this guy but its definatly not a good combo, maybe once i get another am2 board and try it on air (although i dont think this stepping is coldbugged) and see what happens <br />
<br />
just fyi

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Are you sure you don't need a new BIOS to run the new Opty's? Only thing I can think of.

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking of that but dfi only offers the one new and the one old bios for these boards, i was thinking that maybe it had something to do with my ram because the opti does support ecc but then i thought they all supported it , i dont know something is not going together though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts