Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says all; I tried to overclock my Sapphire AMD R7 265 memory clock but it can't even handle 5mhz jump to 1405mhz before I crash (stock is 1405). Temps are in check and I have the latest stable Cataylst driver. My core clock is overclocked though to 1080mhz. Please help!
Thanks.
smile.gif

·
Fan Man
674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreClock View Post

Title says all; I tried to overclock my Sapphire AMD R7 265 memory clock but it can't even handle 5mhz jump to 1405mhz before I crash (stock is 1405). Temps are in check and I have the latest stable Cataylst driver. My core clock is overclocked though to 1080mhz. Please help!
Thanks.
smile.gif
No, stock is 1400.
What's missing in your post is a detailed description how (in which manner) you're attempting the overclock.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvedLine View Post

No, stock is 1400.
What's missing in your post is a detailed description how (in which manner) you're attempting the overclock.
Whoops, your right.
I am using the latest version of Sapphire's own TriXX to overclock.
Here is a screenshot of my current stable overclock: http://prntscr.com/5u0d1y

·
Registered
779 Posts
i've had good luck with Sapphire cards. I have 2x of their 7970's. hope you are having luck with Afterburner, that's what I use too. make sure not to enable the OverDrive in the catalyst control center.

Put your Power Limit % maxed at +20

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash2021 View Post

i've had good luck with Sapphire cards. I have 2x of their 7970's. hope you are having luck with Afterburner, that's what I use too. make sure not to enable the OverDrive in the catalyst control center.

Put your Power Limit % maxed at +20
To get past the AMD BIOS limits, do I check "Extend Official Overclocking limits" and "Unofficial Overclocking mode with power-play support?"

·
Registered
779 Posts
I wouldn't mess with the unofficial modes before you are sure you are actually getting results with the "in range" settings...you could screw up your card.

do you have the latest version 4.1.0 i think?

now mind you, I have a completely different card..but heres my settings for AB itself

edit: I have 4.0.0 installed, havent updated to 4.1.0 yet

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash2021 View Post

I wouldn't mess with the unofficial modes before you are sure you are actually getting results with the "in range" settings...you could screw up your card.

do you have the latest version 4.1.0 i think?

now mind you, I have a completely different card..but heres my settings for AB itself

edit: I have 4.0.0 installed, havent updated to 4.1.0 yet
Well, I had formerly OC'd my card with Sapphire TriXX and was stable @ 1075mhz. Should I go for a spin with the "Extend official overclocking limits"?
EDIT: My stable is when I can play my games without artifacts or AMD display driver crashing. fair enough?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts