Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im currently running my system at the stock 200fsb, multiplier at 11(because my bios doesnt allow me to change multiplier) at 2.2ghz. I would like to overclock it but if i turn it up to 205 fsb, i get a prime95 error rather quickly. At 210 fsb i get a bluescreen right after the windows loading screen. Ive switched out RAM, ive played with my memory timings(which i dont really understand but i have tried switching them up in many ways, and am currently at 8-4-4-2.5). Anyone have any ideas? i just bought a new volcano fan + heatsink and was looking forward to overclocking but now

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
another thing, my temps for my cpu are rather low, barely above 40 celsius if that.

·
Registered
661 Posts
ok, im thinking its your ram... Trying running it at a high divider and see if that helps..If that doesn't work its most likely because your ram can't handle it.

10 extra fsb is nothing... fluctuations are more then 10 fsb
*Sarcasm, maybe not*

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im rather new at this and i see no divider to change in my bios, and as I said before ive switched out ram with my friends 2x geil 512 sticks and it did the same thing. considering my mobo doesnt let me change my fsb multiplier it maybe doesnt let me change my divider? or am i blind.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that board is the nf7-s model and the bios look rather different compared to my s2g.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ugh..... SOMEONE HELP MEEE...
Sorryi can't help n e more.

Its late here and i have school. Maybe someone else can help you or ill try 2 morrow. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
However you bios looks you should have the ability to adjust your cpu:dram ratio. I would set that to auto and try to manipulate your FSB with everything else being auto or fixed. You have not adjusted your AGP frequency have you? If you have, set it to fixed as well. Search around your bios I know you will be able to find the cpu fsb:dram ratio. It might be a good idea if you have been adjusting a lot of things in you bios to reset your bios to failsafe defaults before doing any of the above forementioned things.

If you are able to do those things and still hit headwall as far as overclocking goes you may have to flash your computer with an updated or different bios. Check out the Abit site forums, there might be some good information from people with the same motherboard as yours experiecing similar issues. Give all those things a try:
1)set your bios to failsafe defaults
2)set your cpu fsb:dram ratio to auto
3)set your AGP frequency to fixed
a)try to adjust you FSB; and if you still hit a headwall-->
4)check the Abit forums for your motherboard
5)flash your 'puter to new or perhaps more reliable (older) bios version

Good luck bro. Keep us informed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts