Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new case/PSU, moved everything into it, and everything works but my games. Only thing I changed was the HS/fan on the chipset. When I try to play AVP2, it says "Can not set D3D emulation mode". I have an MSI K8N Neo4-F mobo and an EVGA 7300 LE vid card. I went from a 500W Mad Dog PSU to a 550W Ultra X2 with dual 12V rails, so power is not an issue. I stuck heatsinks on the GPU ram and had to remove one to get the new chipset fan to fit, but if I screwed up that chip, the whole card would be dead. I have already tried reinstalling the drivers for the card and mobo. Any ideas?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a Samsung, and came with Nero Express 6, but it works fine. The video card seems to be the problem.

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Try running DXDIAG from Start>Run. Possibly reinstall DX9c if all else fails. No power connector on the video card...so I'm somewhat stumped.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reinstalled directx, didn't work. Finally I tried reinstalling vid card driver AGAIN. Worked this time. Then my bus controller decided not to work, so I reinstalled IT. At last everything works! Case was worth it, I guess. Ultra Blue Aluminus, was pretty cheap (on sale), Lots of room, but kinda flimsy. Love the two 120mm fans. Great air flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts