Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

I have a Galaxy GTX 275 <see pic>, that I am attempting to mod by adding another fan.

The problem I have is, I can seem to find how to remove the plastic shroud that covers the card. All the screws that hold the shroud appear to be located under the shroud.

It seems to me that I will have to take the whole thing apart to access these screws.

Anyone run into this problem? Is there an easy way to get the shroud off without pulling the whole thing apart?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltage_Drop View Post
No you would damage it if you tried to remove the shroud without taking off the heatsink. It would best serve you to pull it off anyway and apply some new TIM.
Of there is a will there is a way

^^ This, take it off, apply MX-2 and see if there's some mounting screws hidden from general view to keep peopel like you from removing the shroud

also poke around a little on the label and see if there are any mounting holes hidden by the big decal

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh, I can see the shroud screws... but I have to remove the heat sink to take the shroud off...

I could go all Rambo and dremel the flimsy plastic off the mounts AND then and the fans but obviously that will void the warranty

Its all good for now.

I thought I might be missing something, so I thought to ask my fraternal brothers and sisters at OCN if there was a better way

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
please due a before and after temp reading i would to see what happens
I'm caseless and would wonding if if worth it to due that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts