Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pro lamer
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Win 10 pro. After I minimise any fullscreen game to taskbar using alt tab I can't restore it afterwards. The game shows as running in the task manager but you can't bring the game window back no matter how many times you press alt tab or click on it.

·
Pro lamer
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
Have you tested other games to ensure it's not just a specific game issue? What games have you tried?

Check this tutorial out - >

For Win 10- specific - Just type in your search bar or Cortana, PROJECT TO A SECOND SCREEN, then click it and then there will be an option that appears in the right corner of your screen, select "pc screen only"

press alt + Space (or alt + Space + m) . You should see a small window in the corner. And it will say RESTORE. Click that and your window should be up.

Hope that helps!

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
I'm having hard time editing posts for some unknown reason...

The instructions I gave below the video are 2 types of fixes you can try for Win 10. Try the first one and if that doesn't work try the second I gave.

·
Old to Overclock.net
4,088 Posts
I also wanted to add that this could happen when/if a user profile is corrupted. If the two solutions I give you don't work, try to create a new profile.

This will let us know if the issue is with current user account or not.

Follow:

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.
Select User Accounts, click on Manage another account.
Select Add a new user in PC settings, click on Add someone else to this PC and follow onscreen instructions.

·
Pro lamer
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you tested other games to ensure it's not just a specific game issue? What games have you tried?

Check this tutorial out - > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEE1oBIKlU

For Win 10- specific - Just type in your search bar or Cortana, PROJECT TO A SECOND SCREEN, then click it and then there will be an option that appears in the right corner of your screen, select "pc screen only"

press alt + Space (or alt + Space + m) . You should see a small window in the corner. And it will say RESTORE. Click that and your window should be up.

Hope that helps!
Both solutions don't work at least if you're using two screens like I do.
I will try to create a new user profile and see how it plays out.

·
Pro lamer
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I had a problem with certain windows staying always on top for no reason like my browser for example. Here's what fixed it.

Repair corrupted Windows 10 user profile with Windows Registry
Step 1. Open the Windows 10 Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Search box.

Step 2. When Registry Editor launches, navigate to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList.

Step 3. Click each S-1-5 folder and double-click the ProfileImagePath entry to find out which user account it relates to. (If your folder name ends with .bak or .ba follow Microsoft's instructions to rename them).

fix corrupt user profile in windows 10 registry editor

Step 4. Once you have determined where is the corrupt user profile(and it doesn't have a .bak ending), double-click RefCount and change the Value data to 0 and click OK. If this value isn't available, you might have to create it manually.

Step 5. Now double-click on State, make sure the Value data is again 0 and click OK.

·
Pro lamer
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Looks like the issue was game specific - Far Cry 5 in fullscreen. Other games seem to work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts