Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can overclock in bios, save it and exit. when pc goes into windows it does not show the overclock. Go back into bios, theres the overclock. Any ideas?

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
Does it show up in CPU-Z?

Windows doesn't update in the Control Panel very well with overclocks....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafboy View Post

Does it show up in CPU-Z?
Windows doesn't update in the Control Panel very well with overclocks....
Yeah, definitely use CPU-Z. Control Panel doesn't recognize my overclock after 6 months.

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
What do you see during CPU-Z? What about under load?

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
Quote:

What do you see during CPU-Z? What about under load?
this^ put load on the CPU and watch CPU-Z,
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off course. under load it stays at 3.4 nothing changes.

Anything I do in bios wont show in windows.

Also my i gpu voltage is showing as 0.00 and ai suite is giving me a warning.

Ok so now I bump up vcore and set the multi to 40. When I open cpu-z under load, for a split second it shows 4.0 and then back down to stock. What is going on??? Someone please help. Do I need to reinstal windows? New bios. (have the latest) I mean what is causing it??

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
Anything happening after you save the settings in the BIOS? Like trying to boot a couple times?

Anyways, disable speedstep for the time being so it's just running at the overclocked speeds the whole time and not going back down...

as for the GPU volts...what are you checking the volts with?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Anything happening after you save the settings in the BIOS? Like trying to boot a couple times?
Anyways, disable speedstep for the time being so it's just running at the overclocked speeds the whole time and not going back down...
as for the GPU volts...what are you checking the volts with?
Yep tried speedstep. Same thing. Ai suite that came with my motherboard. it gives me an error when windows starts.

·
Premium Member
15,255 Posts
maybe reinstall AIsuite
thinking.gif

·
Tech Enthusiast
12,388 Posts
What do you mean same thing? Disable it and it doesn't actually disable?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

What do you mean same thing? Disable it and it doesn't actually disable?
I disable it and it just runs at 3.4 all the time. regardless of what the multiplier is in bios. It does show the voltage correct though which is odd.

Also gonna try uninstalling au suite like stubass said. Never know...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasgiles2012 View Post

try using this program called occt.(http://www.ocbase.com) i have to use it sometimes on intel cpu's.
Well this is weird....When I use OCCT, it shows the overclock correctly. When I use real temp, it resets to 3.4! Weird, isnt it???? Will try reinstalling real temp... Who knows.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well when I use OCCT everything is fine. When I use real temp and cpu-z everything resets. So guess Ill be using OCCT.

Ive never used it. Can anyone shed some light on how to properly stability test with it??

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stainlineho View Post

Yes!!! That solved it.
Yea. If you turn of turbo in bios your overclock will not record. No idea why. So keep turbo on in bios and let her rip.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Also, unless you are putting a load on the CPU like running Prime95 or something you won't see your turbo kick in.

In one post the OP mentioned opening CPU-Z and seeing the frequency go up to max turbo then back to idle. That's because there is no load once CPU-Z is running.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts