Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start it off,not my rig:
FX6350 C0 stepping.
ASRock 970 Extreme4

Current settings on mobo
Multiplier to 45 for 4.5Ghz
CPU voltage at 1.45(previously 1.485 on llc 1/2 simply because its not stable). People say these chips dont need much voltage,but this one does apparently. It might even need more for 4.5 stable.
LLC disabled because instead of stable voltage its much much less than what is set in UEFI
CPU VDDA set to 2.70 or max setting available for this voltage.
Cool n quiet disabled
Spread spectrum disabled.
Turbo also disabled.

Cooling:Hyper 212 Evo with push pull configuration and MX4 thermal paste,i even added a case fan at the back t suck out the hot air,but even then on Prime95 Small FFT the temps rise quickly to 66c and thus the CPU throttles. Idle temp is 37-39c in ambient temp of 24-25..
Ive replaced thermal paste several times, i dont think it helps much, I used the pea method.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmdve View Post

So to start it off,not my rig:
FX6350 C0 stepping.
ASRock 970 Extreme4

Current settings on mobo
Multiplier to 45 for 4.5Ghz
CPU voltage at 1.45(previously 1.485 on llc 1/2 simply because its not stable). People say these chips dont need much voltage,but this one does apparently. It might even need more for 4.5 stable.
LLC disabled because instead of stable voltage its much much less than what is set in UEFI
CPU VDDA set to 2.70 or max setting available for this voltage.
Cool n quiet disabled
Spread spectrum disabled.
Turbo also disabled.

Cooling:Hyper 212 Evo with push pull configuration and MX4 thermal paste,i even added a case fan at the back t suck out the hot air,but even then on Prime95 Small FFT the temps rise quickly to 66c and thus the CPU throttles. Idle temp is 37-39c in ambient temp of 24-25..
Ive replaced thermal paste several times, i dont think it helps much, I used the pea method.
That board is a confirmed turd. I have two 6300's and a 6350 and I use a considerable amount of less vcore to hit 4.6-4.8 GHz.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn, thats a shame. I guess a better build is required overall so that OC is not that necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts