Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Yashi Pioneer YZ2717, connected to my rx580 with an hdmi 2.0b, currently on 2k 144hz.
I'm having one problem tho, no metter what res, I can't enable freesyn, neither via monitor or drivers.

Am I missing something? My brother have a Samsung C24F396 and freesync work with an hdmi 2.0.

·
Vandelay Industries
1,923 Posts
Make sure you are connected to the hdmi2.0 and not one of the 2 1.4 connections. If that's a non issue try the dp connection? Or maybe a dif cable?

If non of the above are issues, make sure you have the option turned on via your monitor menu options.....ie...using the menu on the monitor itself. Once done there return to Radeon settings and turn it on there.

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you are connected to the hdmi2.0 and not one of the 2 1.4 connections. If that's a non issue try the dp connection? Or maybe a dif cable?

If non of the above are issues, make sure you have the option turned on via your monitor menu options.....ie...using the menu on the monitor itself. Once done there return to Radeon settings and turn it on there.
Tried another hdmi, my brother's one with another port, same thing. There's freesync inside the monitor menu, but I can't press on it.
Maybe only works with DP in this monitor?!

·
Vandelay Industries
1,923 Posts
There should be 3 hdmi ports. 2 of them are hdmi 1.4 and only 1 is hdmi 2.0. Freesync is not an option for either of the 1.4 ports. It is only available for the DP and hdmi 2.0 ports/connections. If you are connected via the hdmi 1.4 ports, freesync will not be available.

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I have 2 free sync monitors, one via DP and the other via HDMI. Both are working.

·
Mmmm donuts.....
637 Posts
I have 2 free sync monitors, one via DP and the other via HDMI. Both are working.
As i said, depends on the monitor. When freesync first came out and when i got my ultrawide, Freesync only worked on displayport. If his monitor is using an older panel and older board it would only work on dp. Some of these cheaper monitors and manufacturers won't go thru the trouble of making it work on HDMI.

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, none of the hdmi let me enable freesync, guess I need to buy a dp. Never had one so idk what to buy, any advice?

·
Vandelay Industries
1,923 Posts
DP 1.4 vesa certified

Just a fyi loads on amazon claim 1.4 but don't have the capacity which'll lead to intermittent handshake drops....ie black screens.

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DP 1.4 vesa certified

Just a fyi loads on amazon claim 1.4 but don't have the capacity which'll lead to intermittent handshake drops....ie black screens.
Got it, thanks for the help!

·
Overclocker
11,337 Posts
DP 1.4 vesa certified

Yep, had a branded DP1.4 cable, should run 4k120+ but could only do 1440p85.
Bought a different brand DP1.2 cable and it runs 1440p165.

Why? Because the DP1.4 was made out of some generic HDMI cable and would not even achieve HDMI2.0 speeds.

Amazon alone is filled with tons of generic no name unknown branded cables.

Club3d cables are expensive and may not be that great either.

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, had a branded DP1.4 cable, should run 4k120+ but could only do 1440p85.
Bought a different brand DP1.2 cable and it runs 1440p165.

Why? Because the DP1.4 was made out of some generic HDMI cable and would not even achieve HDMI2.0 speeds.

Amazon alone is filled with tons of generic no name unknown branded cables.

Club3d cables are expensive and may not be that great either.
At first I was going for a CLUB3D, then I saw one from "KabelDirekt", had all good reviews with 2k 144hz, bought it.

·
High IQ Person
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All working with display port, thanks all for the tips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts