Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 950 currently 3.6 stable at 1.2 core and I am currently testing 3.8 at 1.26 (1.2 crashed). I have disabled HT and Turbo for now.

I wanted to try and under volt the CPU PLL to 1.4 (as many threads suggest) but my Rampage II Gene only allows a minimum of 1.8 (which I think is stock) this is also true even if I enable exteame voltages.

Anyone know if this is a BIOS rev. issue or hardware limit on the board (Or perhaps I am doing something wrong).

My final goal is to get a quite fast machine not an out and out speed daemon.

Pen.

·
Registered
780 Posts
i've never been able to with my gene either. no clue whether it's a hardware or bios limitation, but i've never been able to work around it. i rather doubt it's that much of a help anyway... my gene clocked far better than my current evga board that allows pll undervolting

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
with asus bioses at least on my p6x58d premium i could not go lower either, its not a big problem, people say lower the cpu pll to lower temperatures. Really its the cpu clock generator and its voltage shouldn't be raised nor taken so low, but for some reason it helps stability temperature wise. If you want stability cool you processor down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, at least now I know it is not me missing something in the BIOS.

My 3.8 at 1.26V (fixed typo) has been running prime95 well for over 12 hours now without any problems and with max temps of 73 70 70 67. I guess I will try and re-enable turbo and see it I hit 4GHz without bumping the CPU any more.

P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts