Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched out my video card from a Galaxy GTX 470 to MSI GTX 470 Frozr II. Using Afterburner, it won't let me adjust the voltage, it's just greyed out, doesn't even display what the stock voltage is. I was able to adjust the voltage before on the Galaxy card but not with the MSI.
I've re-installed the latest Nvidia drivers and Afterburner 2.0. I made sure to check the unlock voltage boxes in settings. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
H220 may be totally right on this, but I'll add one more thing ...

You say you re-installed AB ... did you completely un-install the old copy (delete profiles and all that)? If you didn't I'd at least try that.

At one point I had a 470 TFII bios on my cards, and I had voltage control using the AB2.0. But that was the Beta version of 2.0 so maybe they borked it on the release.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help guys. I rolled back to Afterburner 1.60 and problem solved! Even Kombuster works now too. (I kept getting an error when I would run it before). I asked for help on the MSI forum and was told the same thing, install ver. 1.60 until the problem is addressed in ver. 2.0.
Sucks that an MSI product won't work with their own software. Not a big deal since 1.6 works fine and I really love this card, it's so quiet and runs so cool compared to the Galaxy GTX 470 I returned.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My card along with other users who are having this issue shows up as "MSI GTX 470 Twin Frozr II Power Edition" in AB 2.0. This may be the cause of the disabled voltage setting in AB 2.0.

Official MSI response to this problem: "N470GTX Twin Frozr II Power Edition is not released yet, we think it's because of error in Afterburner database, so it shows wrong information and disable voltage control by accident. We will release a new version to fix it as soon as possible."

Here is a link to a thread on guru3d where this issue is being discussed
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread....=1#post3712527

1 - 5 of 5 Posts