Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a ridiculous WEI score. So I decided to download the latest drivers and they won't bleeping unpack!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
you sure its for the correct model? also run as admin and if that fails try safe mode install

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by L3gacy
View Post

run the package as admin under windows vista compatability

Just tried that, still the same error.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theory
View Post

you sure its for the correct model? also run as admin and if that fails try safe mode install

It's for Intel's Mobile 4 and HD series

Would uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers work?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
also if the downloaded package doesnt work download for windows xp and run in compatability mode under admin, this has worked for many people I have helped,

what operating system is the package for anyways?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

View Post

also if the downloaded package doesnt work download for windows xp and run in compatability mode under admin, this has worked for many people I have helped,

Download the XP drivers?

what operating system is the package for anyways?

It's for Win7 x64 but Intel's download center shows them as being for Vista as well.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
try the windows xp x64 driver and run under windows xp sp3 compat as admin
(sounds retarted but thats how I fixed my old motherboard driver issue with the intel graphics)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

View Post

try the windows xp x64 driver and run under windows xp sp3 compat as admin
(sounds retarted but thats how I fixed my old motherboard driver issue with the intel graphics)

When I run it I get a message saying that my computer has newer driver blah blah blah do you wish to overwrite them? Since the XP drivers are older there isn't really any point I guess to try since I'm trying to upgrade them. Should I just try to completely uninstall the drivers and allow windows to grab the newest ones via WinUpdate?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uninstalled the driver and ran the installer. Worked perfectly, another incident that can be chalked up under the "Wonderful World of Windows".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts