Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Asked this problem in "The Intel Devil's Canyon Owners Club" and "Haswell Overclocking Guide" already, but I didn't solve my problem, so here I am.

I own an I5-4690K and the problem is: as I set RAM speed higher than 13,33x, or enable XMP settings for 1866mhz, it crash, like a loss of electricity, and then it restarts going in the bios direclty telling me that some settings are not compatible.

CPU settings right now are on default, all on auto with turbo mode.
All the components are new (august 2014), RAM Corsair Vengeance blue XMP 1.3 1,866mhz 1,5v, PSU is Enermax Platimax 750W and the motherboard is a Z97X-SOC.

Any ideas? I don't know anymore what else to try.
Sorry for my bad english,

Luca

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YEah been trying for long, with the help received.

Tried 1600 without and with XMP, 1866 without and with XMP and both crashes.
Been tried tweaking the cpu, raising Vrin, Vring, Vcore and all but didn't solve.

Right now, before go ahead with more overclocks, I'd like to stay at default with turbo on and fix this RAM problem:
Vrin 1,800 Vcore 1,084 Vring 1,050 Agent System +0,000 i/o analog +0,000 i/o digital +0,000 PWM Phase auto Lone load Vrin auto Core pch 1,090 IO PCH 1,500

·
Go Again!
5,871 Posts
Take one of the sticks out. Try each one individually. If it only happens with one stick installed and not the other then you will know for certain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts