Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Свет
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys :)

Wanted to make a friendly post on how to cap frame rate to exact amount in any game:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-get/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download,14.html

It will allow you to bypass V-sync, and just set the frame rates to exact amount. I was looking for this myself for a while. I personally don't want my frames to jump about my refresh rates, because it causes screen tearing, as well as it requires your gpu to work harder and rendering excess frames per second, that really make no difference (at least to me, some pro CSGO players will say otherwise).

V-Sync is known for causing input lag, which you can read up about, this does not. Also having high FPS between loading screens causes coil whine on many cards, as it generates over 200 FPS at that point.

You can switch between profiles too, and check your FPS as well.

Enjoy

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I cap it with the nvidia driver by using nvinspector where you can also have different profiles, I also use it to OC. Fast sync works great too.
RTSS and other monitoring programs can cause performance issues and crashes in some games so I avoid basically anything running in the background that isn't necessary.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,851 Posts
Precision X/Afterburner lets you do it too.

·
Свет
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cap it with the nvidia driver by using nvinspector where you can also have different profiles, I also use it to OC. Fast sync works great too.
RTSS and other monitoring programs can cause performance issues and crashes in some games so I avoid basically anything running in the background that isn't necessary.
Nice, did not know you could cap with Nvispector. I might use that if I encounter issues. I like the fact Riva gives you FPS counter, and couple of more things, but great to know. Thank you for contributing

Precision X/Afterburner lets you do it too.
Nice, now I did tend to have crashes with Afterburner in the past, so I stopped using it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts