Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really that interested in all the performance stuff (even though I love seeing cars race, I just don't do it myself ), but I am interested in making my car a bit more personal.<br />
<br />
First, could someone go over exactly how a sound system works in a car?<br />
<br />
Next thing, I have a Toyota Rav4 2001 base. Could someone recommend what parts I would need to make a good sound system. I don't need absolutely the best, but a good system would be nice. I need recommendations for everything, and I don't have a standard CD/radio thingy....(n00b), so I need to know what it's called...and what I should look for. Same goes for speakers and subs and amps and whatever else (that's all the parts I know for sound...)<br />
<br />
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
377 Posts
You will need an amp, a sub idk how many speakers your car will hold but look up the sizes f them on google ...cd/radio thingy is a deck... you can get a good one for around $100

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I did some research, and found out that I have a 2-DIN deck. I'm really hoping to have an LCD screen to watch movies, so could someone recommend a good deck? I don't need a 1000+ deck, just something that's build nice.<br><br>
I still need to know how to look for speakers. I have 4 6.5" speakers and two tweakers (I think that's what they're called....like 1 inch right to the side of my window).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts