Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's still up in the air, but I'm still thinking of what radiators to use for my next case, which I will make out of acrylic.

I was going to go with a couple quad feser rads or the new black ice SR-1's, but now I'm thinking of just getting a larger car radiator and just putting it at the bottom of the case with the heat being pulled out of the bottom.

Anyone know of any copper car radiators I could use? Would an mcp 655 even be strong enough also? I know 77 bonnie heatercores are really nice, but they only come in single or dual, and I obviously want something a little larger.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Bonnie cores make excellent Rads, I still use one. You can get even larger heatercores. Just go to Auto Zone or Advance online and start punching in different cars to see their heater cores. If IRC the Mercury Sable/Ford Taurus core is a big square one looks like it might fit 4 120's on it. Look under truck cores too. Do not go for the Tranny coolers. They are usually made of aluminum and have thick tubes to be able to withstand the high pressure of the hydraulic fluid.

·
Registered
861 Posts
how about this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autozone

Part Number: 433369
Weight: 31.5 lbs
Warranty: LLT
Application: With A/C

Notes: 4 row, 28 3/8" x 17" x 2 5/8" core size

Make: GM
Core Size: 28 3/8 x 17 x 2 5/8 inch.
Number of Rows: 4
Inlet Tank: 3 1/2 x 18 5/8 inch.
Outlet Tank: 3 1/2 x 18 5/8 inch.
Inlet: 1 9/16 inch. Top Left
Outlet: 1 3/4 inch. Bottom Right
Mounting Type: Channel
Transmission Oil Cooler: 12 inch.
Engine Oil Cooler: N/A
Notes: TOC adapters included in kit

Attachment 117968

70 Chevy C-10 6.6L Radiator.

id say that would be overkill.

·
Registered
861 Posts
thats a copper/brass one there. and like Shiryu_Libra said. gonna need alot of pump.

for a fan id use Be Cool Radiators #134-75068

Quote:
16'' Curved Blade Puller Fan
Black
3140 CFM @ 27.0 amps
.420hp Motor
though you might wanna mount it outside. its as loud as a Delta or maybe a tick more so.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Given that a single 68 bonnie cools my 920 + gtx280,
and two of them would no doubt cool some tri-sli monster...

There's overkill, and there's overdoing it

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just have two mcp655s right now and wouldn't mind spending extra for a weaker pump for my video cards since an mcp655 isn't necessary for it. I wouldn't mind getting an iwaki pump if it has a 12v connection to my psu. Anyone know another good car radiator (preferably a tiny bit smaller) and a good 12v psu powered pump to go with it?

·
Registered
861 Posts
the "Radiator" im listing now is a single core onebut i did find a dual core version ealrier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autozone

Part Number: 439505
Weight: 7.0 lbs
Warranty: 3 MO
Notes: 1 Row, 13 11/16" X 13 3/4" X 1 1/4" core size. Pro-Formance radiators are for manual transmission automatic transmission, requires external oil cooler.

Make: HONDA
Core Size: 13 11/16 x 13 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch.
Number of Rows: 1
Inlet Tank: 1 7/8 x 14 3/16 inch.
Outlet Tank: 1 7/8 x 14 3/16 inch.
Inlet: 1 1/8 inch. Top Center
Outlet: 1 1/8 inch. Bottom Right
Mounting Type: Pin

cools a built 1.5~1.8L pretty well.

though im sure your really looking for a heater core. in which case i'd stick to the bonniville one.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's nice, but I'm thinking of something a little smaller probably (smaller in width at least). Should I be looking at heater cores since they are known to be not very restrictive? There's so many different types of radiators that I'm seeing and I'm just not sure which way to go.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts