·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by MADMAX22
View Post

thats the 2x512 right are the 2x1gb also the same chips

They run the same voltage/timings and they are also the same part number minus the 1gb/2gb differences at the end of the number. I think its safe to say they are made of the same stuff.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Interesting..........now can you try and see if your Firestix could run at 1000mhz with 4-4-4-8 @ 2.30v? Pretty much all D9s can handle that.

Now that I see they have D9s, let's see if they're from the same breed of D9s that can hit 1000mhz easy.

Here:

On CPU-Z, under the tab SPD, do you also see "Melco" as the RAM's manufacturer?

And why he says this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jody Bailey
As we can see this particular IC is rated for DDR-667, CL 5 @ 1.8v. Many memory manufacturers use these D9GMH and as I said, I have been impressed with every kit with D9GMH. They run great timings at rated voltages and scale nicely when the voltage is increased. Right after installation we will see how this kit scales with D9GMH in the overclocking sections.
Doesn't he know that he is testing DDR2 800 CL 5 @ 2.1v?

·
Registered
59 Posts
All D9GMH are rated at 667 CL5. That's their standard specification. The manufacturers tests these chips and usually rate them higher just because these chips go higher than 667. There is nothing strange about this.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Well, I'm yet to see a forum member showing the Buffalo Firestix at 1000mhz and so far.......I'm not seeing it.

Would the 1000mhz Firestix please stand up?

And I do mean a forum member, not a review. Or Melco......

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Well, I'm yet to see a forum member showing the Buffalo Firestix at 1000mhz and so far.......I'm not seeing it.

When I get mine I will love to show you.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ****erfx View Post
Good, I'm very curious on how they will perform.
And if they aren't up to snuff, then Ill just sell them and get something else. lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post

Just ordered mine. I hoping they do!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
i will be happy to show you in the next couple days. i trust they will go that far, as they are showing up strangly in CPU-Z as 667 lol
anyways i'll let you all know with screenies and photos
I just have to finish my exams this week first lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul
View Post

From Newegg reviews:

----
Pros: I was a little skeptical about this brand since I never heard of them before or owned any of their products. I was gonna spend like $400 on some Cxxxair but then I read some forums and reviews and decided to give the Firestix a shot. Boy am I glad I did cuz stuff rocks. Currently running at 1050mhz @ 5-5-5-18 2.1v and I havn't even really tinkered with timings or really pushed this stuff yet, no crashes yet. Running this on a new EVGA 680i SLI mobo. Best of all is I saved myself $160 by going with this ram over that overpriced gimmicked ram.
-----
Pros: Running this memory on asus m2n32 sli @ 1095mhz with timings of 4-3-12 2t cas 5...rediculous memory, extremely impressed

Cons: non, amazing memory

Other Thoughts: bump voltage up to 2.2+V to get overclocking results past 1000mhz...ram runs cool no problems for me at 2.25V

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Quote:

Pros: Currently running at 1050mhz @ 5-5-5-18 2.1v and I havn't even really tinkered with timings or really pushed this stuff yet, no crashes yet. Running this on a new EVGA 680i SLI mobo. Best of all is I saved myself $160 by going with this ram over that overpriced gimmicked ram.
-----
Pros: Running this memory on asus m2n32 sli @ 1095mhz with timings of 4-3-12 2t cas 5...rediculous memory, extremely impressed

Other Thoughts: bump voltage up to 2.2+V to get overclocking results past 1000mhz...ram runs cool no problems for me at 2.25V

CAS 5 for 1000mhz? Well, that shows that the D9s on those modules are not that great after all.......here, look what G.Skill with D9s can do: 4-4-4-8 @ 2.25v 1000mhz,

Honestly, I don't think that review is legit, runs at 2.1 then says 2.25?. At least I'm not impressed with those latencies for the frequency. I think I'd believe it when I see a member from this forum posting their results....and just in case I'm giving them the easy way to OC to their RAM to 1000mhz with my settings which pretty much they're easy to fallow: http://www.overclock.net/1487067-post9.html

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

When I get mine I will love to show you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneGuy
View Post

Just ordered mine. I hoping they do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaLoveDocta
View Post

i will be happy to show you in the next couple days. i trust they will go that far, as they are showing up strangly in CPU-Z as 667 lol
anyways i'll let you all know with screenies and photos
I just have to finish my exams this week first lol

K, fellas, I'm eagerly waiting for you. It's been 5 full days.

Got
?

1 - 20 of 145 Posts