Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a serious cooling issue I believe, intake I have two Bequiet Pure wings on the front of the case a silent wing for out in the back and i have a 240mm rad up top with outtake with p/p of ultrakaze

Issue here? internal ambient temps are very high and i can feel extremely hot air exiting but entire case just feels very hot on the outside...and I mean super hot. I am running two 980 ti, and a x99 system (4.5ghz oc) psu is reverse mounted so it does not pull air from inside of case.

I was considering getting side panel door modified and adding a 200mm fan but I rather not go to ppcs for this unless I have to.

My "guess" is lack of airflow in interior due to fact Im using WC on top and only intake is front which IS choked out by half in thick sound foam...and the plastic door itself.

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Have you actually measured the ambient case temps? What are your temps on your CPU, GPUs, and motherboard? If your component temps are in check, then you don't have anything to worry about. If the air around your computer is hot, that means your heatsinks are doing their jobs and dissipating heat into the ambient air
tongue.gif

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The EX1 View Post

Have you actually measured the ambient case temps? What are your temps on your CPU, GPUs, and motherboard? If your component temps are in check, then you don't have anything to worry about. If the air around your computer is hot, that means your heatsinks are doing their jobs and dissipating heat into the ambient air
tongue.gif
my little china thermo for case died so no. my gpu idle 45 to 50c hitting 83c fairly fast in games like overwatch. cpu is at 40c idle while running at 1.2ghz...I will have to check load

Perhaps I am going crazy and have been babied by my old full wc loop tempwise

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
That idle does seem quite a bit high but my guess is its the heat coming off the GPUs thats causing the high idle temps possibly. Is the rad only for the CPU or its for the entire loop? Pics of your setup could help and/or what case you have.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

That idle does seem quite a bit high but my guess is its the heat coming off the GPUs thats causing the high idle temps possibly. Is the rad only for the CPU or its for the entire loop? Pics of your setup could help and/or what case you have.
Ill throw picture up when I am on pc shortly. Mobile uploads failing but the loop is a h100i gtx CLC so cpu only! case is a Be Quiet! Silent base 800.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
@doyll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockings View Post

Ill throw picture up when I am on pc shortly. Mobile uploads failing but the loop is a h100i gtx CLC so cpu only! case is a Be Quiet! Silent base 800.
Ah thats one of the reasons why, quiet cases tend to be VERY quiet butnot very efficient for temperatures. @doyll should be in here to help you out, the resident case/fan guru lol

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post

@doyll
Ah thats one of the reasons why, quiet cases tend to be VERY quiet butnot very efficient for temperatures. @doyll should be in here to help you out, the resident case/fan guru lol

Here is my baby. Bridge is changed but otherwise the same the way it is setup is negative pressure

·
To The Game
7,666 Posts
You're issue is you're running high tdp gpu's in sli on air. You're going to deal with a lot of heat issues without finding a way to dump the heat outside of your case. Maybe a case with an extremely large side fan could help.

I did sli 780 DUii a while back and had the same experience in my old Air 540 case. The thing would get so hot that it radiated heat and felt like an oven. I pulled the 2nd 780 and had it sold and shipped out within 3 days.

*My single gaming 6g can hit those temps without being in sli. Though I know the heat you're talking about and I don't think it's nearly the same experience, even if the temps are close.

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Quote:

Here is my baby. Bridge is changed but otherwise the same the way it is setup is negative pressure
Yea def not much airflow. Id start off my removing the middle HDD cage so fresh air can get in nice and easy. Not sure about the static pressure of those stock fans but removing that cage will def help get some cool fresh air inside.

Idk if that side panel has a filter but i wouldnt bother with a 200/230mm fan, just add a 120 on the side should help quite a bit as well.

·
Banned
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a solid side panel with 120mm fan option but even with 90cfm fan it did little. WC is something I might just get into again it seems.

·
To The Game
7,666 Posts
Quote:

I have a solid side panel with 120mm fan option but even with 90cfm fan it did little. WC is something I might just get into again it seems.
I know I decided after my sli 780 experience that I'd never do sli again without being water cooled. Even then my computer room is small and heated up nasty from those sli 780's. Have to keep the door closed to keep my cats out.

A fun thing you could try later is if you have a box fan open up the side of your case and point the box fan at it. Run your tests to see how much that affects temps. Not something for 24/7 usage of course, but, would be nice to see how much airflow can alter your current temps.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Remove both hdd cages, put that single hdd on the floor near the psu with some foam under it to stop vibration transfer. Try flip the rear fan to intake and put a dust filter on it. Leave the h100i as your only exhaust, the radiator can probably handle it.
Try static pressure fans in the front as intake, if you have some lying around, since the front panel is restricted. Those cards are hot and you're getting like no airflow.

Remove the 5.25 bay too, just because I hate them and if you can somehow put another intake fan in the 5.25 bay's place that would be even better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts