Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to admin mostly, as I'm asking permission to copy the OVERCLOCK.NET logo at the top of the page to make into a case badge for my computer. If all goes well then It would be a supernova UV reactive red case confession to show where my loyalties lie lol.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could see that etched into my side panel....

almost looks like something you could use to represent a folding rig.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

I could see that etched into my side panel....

Im trying to make a case badge out of that. Stop me if I get to technical.

I printed that sucker up real small. then I tore apart a Delta force case badge. Next I glued the new pic on. Imtryin to figure out what kind of glue to use to glue the clear dome back on. It looks cool unde the mag of the dome.
Any Ideas?

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SINISTER

try super glue it holds good just dont get any on your fingers lol..

Yeah, I could just put a dab on the edges huh?

Funny story
We have super glue at work that we spray with an acelerator - that makes it dry almost instantly.
One day this guy put some into a round hole and sprayed the acelerator on it, then quickly pounded a dowel rod in the hole. The glue squirted out of the hole and into his eyes, and glued his eye lids shut instantly.
I had to take him to the Dr with his eyes glued shut. He freaked out the whole way there. BTW, the doc got them open.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
lmao
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Funny story
We have super glue at work that we spray with an acelerator - that makes it dry almost instantly.
One day this guy put some into a round hole and sprayed the acelerator on it, then quickly pounded a dowel rod in the hole. The glue squirted out of the hole and into his eyes, and glued his eye lids shut instantly.
I had to take him to the Dr with his eyes glued shut. He freaked out the whole way there. BTW, the doc got them open.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Haha, I would have freaked out too...

Do you guys have any guides on how to etche (sp??) stuff on the computer window???

Xavier has done that, he knows how

I guess a router or milling machine would do it, but you'd have to cool it or the plastic would melt

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a couple on mine, I got them from bigfootcomputers.com. It's pretty cool, once it dries it actually looks like it's etched in.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to bother you admin, but just making sure that you don't mind the copy.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
You can also get glass etching "in a can"...I am not sure if it is just like a paint, I thought it was actual particulate, but it just spays on. If you mask the panel you can create it that way.

Admin, would this be ok to do as it is not for self promotion/marketing or is any independent artistic use of overclock.net content/media banned? Just want to make sure we are clear.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Haha, I would have freaked out too...

Do you guys have any guides on how to etche (sp??) stuff on the computer window???

most people etch things into case windows using a dremel but not the cutter, there is a seperate bit which attachs to dremel for it, not sure wot its called though sorry

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philwn

most people etch things into case windows using a dremel but not the cutter, there is a seperate bit which attachs to dremel for it, not sure wot its called though sorry

It is basically a routing bit, they ar available in different sizes. You just have to use the little routing shroud when you do it. Another tip is to use masking tape and at the least mask off around the work area, that way you won't scratch the panel around the artwork. Better yet would be to just cut through the masking tape but this will require a reversed copy of the art to be drawn on it. One more possibility is to just print the image and use a non-permanent spray adhesive to hold it in place. Just make sure the adhesive won't damage the panel!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Funny story
same kind of thing happend to me. it wasn't super glue thoe, it was chemset,an industrial addhesive for attaching bolts into concrete/brick. it consists of a strong chemical(alkaline based) and sand granuals(for strength). I was @ work reloading the caulking gun (saftey glasses off) aiming @ ground,i sqeezed the triger nothing happen, squeez again, still nothing, 1 more squeez, nothing. "hmmm" i then,(realy stupid/foolish) looked down barrel. instantly, POP! squirts in both eyes. i was scared out of my pants. i didnt want to be blind, that would suck! i got rushed to the hospital where they had to wash out my eyes with saline for 3hrs, then remove the sand granuals. wich took another 2hrs. after that i had superficial burns and medium grazing to both eyes. i had to go back every week for a month. the doctor said im sooo lucky i can still see!
I don't take my sight for granted anymore. i always wear saftey glasses. i lost it for a day, even that was hell. imagine a lifetime!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.