Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm having a slight dilemma with my case (the Lian-Li PC-A16B in my sig). It seems to me that something in it is shorting all my components, and messing with the computer. Every time I put the components in the case, there seems to be a different issue. The first time I put it in, the fans would spin up, and then the motherboard would commence with a loud beeping. The second time I tried it, the motherboard got caught in a perpetual rebooting cycle. The third time I tried it, the motherboard speaker commenced with a loud chirping, but the motherboard POSTed and Windows booted perfectly fine. The most recent time I tried it out, the motherboard wouldn't POST and the motherboard speaker let out a loud steady chirping.

However, when everything is outside the case and the motherboard is attached to the case's tray, everything seems to work perfectly fine. In fact, I'm typing from it right now.

Anyways, is this going to mean I might have to return the case and get a different one? Or should I just keep on trying?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's exactly what I was thinking, but that wouldn't explain how it works perfectly fine with everything connected correctly when the motherboard tray is outside the case, but fails to even turn on correctly when the motherboard tray is inside the case. Does anybody have any idea why just sliding in the motherboard tray would make everything fail to work?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there any other thing I might be missing? I would like to keep the case, as it is quite awesome looking, but obviously if it shorts everything, I'd want to return it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts