Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |talian $tallion

i just hooked up an LED case fan, it seems to be working fine.
the package says RPM: 3000 +-10% what does that mean?

also the mobo says its running at about 1400 rpm, is that just cause its a crappy mobo?

3000 +-10% means it might be less or more than 3000 rpm by at least 10% of 3000 which means it has a range of 2700-3300 rpm. Your mobo may have auto fan adjustment so that when mobo temp is too high the fan increases in speed.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tt_shark

3000 +-10% means it might be less or more than 3000 rpm by at least 10% of 3000 which means it has a range of 2700-3300 rpm. Your mobo may have auto fan adjustment so that when mobo temp is too high the fan increases in speed.

plz gimmey some rep since i helped

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
the fan might not have enough power to run at full capacity either... depending on your power

its not a crappy motherboard problem...

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

the fan might not have enough power to run at full capacity either... depending on your power

its not a crappy motherboard problem...

True! might not be receiving enough input from your power supply,that happened to me when i bought my first fan, had to change to diff molex.

Oh and if your using direct power from the power supply and a sensor cable on the motherboard as well then plug te power of the fan into a different power supply molex...or if you only have one 3 pin plug then it could be controlled by the mobo or might notbe getting enough power from mobo as bigval said...some motherboards do not support 6000+ rpm fans but your using 3000rpm so there should be no problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts