Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What is your budget? I'd recommend something from case labs if you can afford it

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Yeah, case labs M8 could be good for you. But why RX, shouldnt you use something with more fins if you're going to have P/P with 38mm fans?

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
My phan is to put my rx360 and all of its 38mm fans in a second case that sits behind my case. It will store the second rad and both pumps when I'm done. I basically am recycling an old compaq mini tower , dremmel ftw

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
The brand spanking new nzxt switch 810 seems like one heck of an water coolers case. Supports thick 360 rads in the top with push/pull right out of the box. Even the price is quite reasonable. You should definitely check it out
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I think the nzxt switch has 90mm space inside for rad, so couldnt even do push with 38mm fans... Shinobi xl could have it in front but you'd lose hdd and odd bays, dunno about the clearance on top... I still think case labs is your best bet.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

The brand spanking new nzxt switch 810 seems like one heck of an water coolers case. Supports thick 360 rads in the top with push/pull right out of the box. Even the price is quite reasonable. You should definitely check it out
biggrin.gif
Now that's nice o_O
Seams to fit what I need
But would 38mm fans fit push pull? :/
And wonder when it comes to Australia lol

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liighthead View Post

Now that's nice o_O
Seams to fit what I need
But would 38mm fans fit push pull? :/
And wonder when it comes to Australia lol
As I said in the above post, the nzxt switch 810 has 90mm of space for internal rad mounting (according to specs). The RX-series rad is 60mm and if you use 38mm fan the total thickness will be 98mm, which is too much. The fan mounts are meant for 140mm and 120mm fans, so when using 120mm fans the rad might be offset a little so you may be able use the 38mm fans without it hitting your mobo. Under the top cover you have some space which I believe is meant for 25mm fans, so you probably can't fit a 38mm fan there either, see This picture.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just have to say it...

That is one hell of a case for the price point. I may not meet your initial goal, but everyone should really take notice of this case.

I wish the side panel was a little more symmetric, i would be considering replacing my HAF X

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizlake View Post

As I said in the above post, the nzxt switch 810 has 90mm of space for internal rad mounting (according to specs). The RX-series rad is 60mm and if you use 38mm fan the total thickness will be 98mm, which is too much. The fan mounts are meant for 140mm and 120mm fans, so when using 120mm fans the rad might be offset a little so you may be able use the 38mm fans without it hitting your mobo. Under the top cover you have some space which I believe is meant for 25mm fans, so you probably can't fit a 38mm fan there either, see This picture.
thanks for that
smile.gif
think i might wait for it to get to australia and get one.. and mmm might have to change fans :/?
will weigh it up once get the case.. either push pull 25mm fans... or one side of 38mm fans.. :)

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougshell View Post

I just have to say it...
That is one hell of a case for the price point. I may not meet your initial goal, but everyone should really take notice of this case.
I wish the side panel was a little more symmetric, i would be considering replacing my HAF X
true this..
and side panels can always be cut out
wink.gif

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I don't think you can use the 38mm fans with the RX rad at all. Buy yourself some 120mm yate loons for the rad and use the 38mm fans as intake? Yates are great fans with even better price
biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts