Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI

I am planning to jump the threadripper wagon from my 4 years old 4770k system and has been doing some research for a multi propurse Workstation/Virtualization/Gaming Machine.

I would like to have some feedback regarding my build and if you see any problem with it. My goal is to reach at least a 4 Ghz Overclock so i would be fitting a LiqTech TR4 360 water cooler and a Case that can fit that cooler.

I has been looking these two options but would like to get other options also. Basically i am looking, a) can fit the liqtech radiator, b) has enough space for the components and good thermals, c) it is not massive like the Thermaltake X9.

1) Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Full Tower Case
2) Case: Corsair - 760T Black V2 ATX Full Tower Case
3) other?

Thanks a lot!

Pat

CPU: AMD - Threadripper 1950X 3.4GHz 16-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus - ROG ZENITH EXTREME EATX TR4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4-3600 Memory
SSD: Samsung - 960 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
HDD: Western Digital - Red Pro 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x 2
ODD: Pioneer - BDR-211UBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Video: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB FTW3 GAMING iCX Video Card
Power: Corsair - AX1200i 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Cooling: Enermax - LiqTech TR4 360 102.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Cooling: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM 120mm Fans
Cooling: Corsair - HD140 RGB 74.0 CFM 140mm Fan x 3

Edit: Removed SLI reference

·
Registered
13 Posts
you really want to put an optical drive nowaday in a case ? i haven't used mine in year, and if i ever need one they do make portable usb version

here is an example of one i just found, i thought they only did reader, but it seemyou can also write with them

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asus-bw-12d1s-u-blu-ray-external-optical-drives-286233?tagIds=76

also i had a small laugh when i saw your spec, since they are almost the same has mine, exept few detail, i plan on putting the 2tb 960 pro ( but i am waiting for the new version if it does come out in few day ( the 950 and 960 were both presented at the end of september) and online spec talk about a 970 and 980, samsung ditching the EVO and PRO name.

for video card, why do you want a sli ? they don't give much more performance, and you end up eating a lot more of juice, game aren't optimize for sli.
if i where you i would wait (like me) volta that should come out in q1 next year, and should be able to run 4k at 60 fps and more with one card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
about the case, either you wait a bit and get a case that were showed at computex or take one that dont have usb 2.0.

i decided to get an anthoo elite with this build, since its one of the few case that have an hdmi at the front

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterac View Post

you really want to put an optical drive nowaday in a case ? i haven't used mine in year, and if i ever need one they do make portable usb version

here is an example of one i just found, i thought they only did reader, but it seemyou can also write with them

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/asus-bw-12d1s-u-blu-ray-external-optical-drives-286233?tagIds=76

also i had a small laugh when i saw your spec, since they are almost the same has mine, exept few detail, i plan on putting the 2tb 960 pro ( but i am waiting for the new version if it does come out in few day ( the 950 and 960 were both presented at the end of september) and online spec talk about a 970 and 980, samsung ditching the EVO and PRO name.

for video card, why do you want a sli ? they don't give much more performance, and you end up eating a lot more of juice, game aren't optimize for sli.
if i where you i would wait (like me) volta that should come out in q1 next year, and should be able to run 4k at 60 fps and more with one card.
Thanks for the comments,

I agree it is not a SLI configuration, just one 1080ti.
What case was announced in computex?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldito View Post

Thanks for the comments,

I agree it is not a SLI configuration, just one 1080ti.
What case was announced in computex?
some of cooler master and corsair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts